cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

The President's Secret Police

I don't know about you, but this thing Trump is doing in Portland with military dressed Homeland Security police (with no badges/insignia) detaining people, seemingly randomly, and taking them away in vans is very disturbing. The Mayor has asked them to leave and for Trump to stop this tactic. White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said yesterday that he plans to expand it to other cities to protect Federal buildings and monuments. In addition, there is no secretary of Homeland Security, there is an acting Deputy Director.

So trump has dreamed up and created a secret police who detain people, without arrest, most not breaking any law and whisking them into vans. This is what Putin does in Russia. And, he wants to expand it? What the he11? I think this is the worst thing he has done so far and he is looking to create trouble. Is this to take the focus over Covid 19? This is un-American.

Entertain me with your justifications and why you would support this (if you do).

51 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: The President's Secret Police

Knapper, it`s a free for all, whoever gets in courts and packs the courts with a issues litmus test, legislating from the bench.  Executive orders ect ect ect   It didn`t start in 2016 or in Portland and Biden will be the same as Mr Pen & Phone

We too have got pens and phones…. – Elżbieta M. Goździak, Ph.D.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Yes sir, exec orders can be used in a lot of ways, good and bad, but sooner or later someone is going to die over this one. There are plenty of people with concealed carry licenses who may not be amiable to being shoved in a van by folks in military gear who won't identify themselves. It's just a bad, bad idea. Of course as soon as that happens, there will be some real hell to pay and if Trump's goons pick the wrong guy, this could backfire on them in a heartbeat. If they wind up shooting a Limbaugh loving, red-blooded Hannity fan, who is armed and resists, in a firefight, this will go way south for Trump. If he takes this to a southern state, I guarantee you it will happen.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

What would you do Milligan if they pulled up to you and started taking you down for a little ride?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Kinda weird Boomer stuff.

Barr is a dedicated 60s counterrevolutionary who's always thought we'd be OK today if we'd justa shot 'em all.

Dennison came of age in dystopian 70s NY and failed to notice what's happened there and in other cities in the last 40 years.

Remarkable restraint, so far, on the part of the Portland Mayor and OR Gov. They might need to go elsewhere to produce the photo ops they're looking for (in the broader press, OANN and FOX can edit it down suitably). Thus far a net loser for them, I'd reckon.

Thinking about John Lewis et al and the fact that they knew that in the age of television they could win by adopting the tactics of Gandhi and getting the thugs to overreact for the TV cameras.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Where exactly did you hear this knap?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I especially liked when they tear gassed the line of moms holding sunflowers.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@KNAPPer wrote:

What would you do Milligan if they pulled up to you and started taking you down for a little ride?

I would not be involved in Antifa terrorist activities, so I would not be there, would I?

bruce MN
Advisor

No Southern Cities on the short list Dennison has offered up. Ironically, Portland isn’t on it. Or Minneapolis for that matter. 

The usuals. Detroit, Chicago, Philly, NYC, Oakland.