Samnospam
Advisor

Re: The Real Motivation Behind Private School Vouchers

Read the book.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

I wouldn't call anyone stupid (barring one who shall remain nameless), but I will say that 3020's line sounded like a child repeating something he has no real knowledge about that was taught to him by horribly misinformed parents.

Look Knapper, you are the one who started this thread and said a voucher program is nothing but a money grab by special interest, not about helping to educate children. I said a voucher program won't help in most cases because because you can not educate some one who does not want to be educated. The problem is much deeper than just the education system, we have a completely broken social system that is the root of the cause. As Sam once said, and I am paraphrasing here, "you don't tear the guts out of society and then expect that society to thrive."

I am against the voucher system. All it does is give government backdoor access to private schools. If we are to have a voucher system it should be for every family to send any child to any school they choose, no strings attached, just a total return of our educational dollar to spend as we see fit.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I would agree with that.

Our local school budget, says that they spend more money in meeting unfunded Federal mandates and standards, than they recieve in Federal aid.
The local board, says that they have to do all sorts of odd things, due to Federal mandates, to address things, for which they have had zero complaints, and often don't make sense.

A good example of this, would be our local school installed an elevator, under the guise that it will be much quicker to evacuate any handicapped students, in case of emergency.  They already had wheelchair lifts, that went along the stairs, and no one was complaining about them, but the elevators were a requirement.

After they were installed, they got the protocol, on using the elevators, and they were 'not to be used' in cases of emergency, such as a fire, tornado, etc, where someone could be trapped inside.    They were to use the lifts, so if they lost power, the handicapped student could be lifted out, and carried to safety.

IMO, that was $$$$ down a rat hole, and a good argument to keep the Feds out of the schools, completely.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Should have known, another right-wing wacko! I looked him up, Sam. How can you be suckered into that crap?

Samnospam
Advisor

Ever heard of a bibliography. Its what gives sources to statements of historical fact, if you wish to disprove his work, check his references.
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

How do you suppose, I found out he was nothing more than a hack with a vendetta. My wife taught school for 35 years. I know what a hack he is. Sorry!

johnaa
Advisor

So you think you know what he wrote because you find some specious reasons to refuse to read his work?   Cultivating your ignorance, like ____ and other cowards.