cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The US is not handling this well

but the the more the slapdash response succeeds in stopping it short of full blown catastrophe, the greater the hue and cry about the great hoax will be afterwards.

It'll be what it will- all I can do is try my best not to contract/spread it and encourage others similarly. Part of that is to not spread disinformation.

I wonder where we'll stand vis a vis the Cult of Ignorance after all of this is over?

26 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: The US is not handling this well

You mean the information that hydroxychloroquine can be an effective tool in fighting this virus?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'm sure it is being tried many places as you write if they can get it.

Unfortunately is is being hoarded because knuckleheads are spreading questionable information on the internet and many people are apparently taking it as a prophylaxis.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Many people who have it prescribed for other serious conditions are having trouble getting it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I thought cv-19 was a serious condition.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Nothing could be more on brand for the cult of ignorance.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Never have you uttered a more true statement. Hide the effective treatment from the people.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"The US is not handling this well"  I halfway agree with that statement.  On the one hand, some of us are handling it very well, we don`t go to Mardi Gras or Miami Beach on spring break, we avoid public as much as we can , wash hands more, don`t touch eyes, nose or mouth..if ALL DID THAT, South Korea would say "Daaamn! United States, what did YOU do that the Covid virus didn`t affect you much???".    Covid-19 was over hyped by people that vote Democrat, no question about that, however THEY were the same one`s a few weeks ago showing their boobies for some beads in New Orleans and doing navel shots in Beale Street bars.  And now grandma`s hooked up to a ventilator because they infected her and "it`s all Trump`s fault!".  

Getting tested 2 weeks earlier with 70% accurate tests would`ve made a difference?  Perhaps, but unless bars were shut down at the same time, idiots would`ve been in the bars drinking instead of getting tested anyway.  The President of the United States`s job isn`t to hold hands and walk every 30 year old across the street, at some point adults have to accept responsibility for their decisions.  

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

No BA - it isn’t his job to hold hands - but it is to provide direction, which he STILL is not doing by saying, “Open it all up by Easter!”

Go golf Mr. President - it’s what you really want to do anyway.  America is better off without you ....  but he t r i e d....

Jen

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

You are talking about a belief again 3020.

So far there is no evidence that it is beneficial

There are tests and studies being carried out that will show any benefit and/or any disadvantage or bad results.

Until then it is only a belief that is unsubstantiated like the tea that was being sold in Canada that someone said protected from Covid. No proof.