The Way They Handle Things in Calif. vs Arizona
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A
coyote jumps outattacks the dogand bit the Governor where he stood with his
mouth openundecided what to do.
1. The Governor first wants to intervenebut reflects upon the movie "Bambi"
and then realizes he should stopthe coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the
State $200 testing it for diseases and $5.000 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet's aide collects the dead dog and bills
the State $2000 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $35000 getting checked for
diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged. The bill
is paid for by California slaves (formerly called "Taxpayers").
5. The running trail gets shut down for six months while Fish & Game
conducts a $500000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals
6. The Governor spends $500000 in state funds implementing a "coyote
awareness" program for residents of the area. $50000 of the amount was the
prize paid to the artist who designed the signs now posted five miles
approaching the trailand every mile within the trail.
7. The State Legislature spends $25 million to study how to better treat
rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor's security men were fired for not stopping the attack
somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.
9. Additional cost to State of California : $275000 to hire and train the
new security agents with additional special training on the nature of
10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit
against the State.
The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A
coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps
jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.