cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The candidate stock market

http://tippie.uiowa.edu/iem/markets/    A  friend of mine showed me where the University of Iowa has a "stock market" for candidates.  You can buy a share of Romney or whoever at $1 per share.  It`s said that this "market" is uber highly accurate, because people bid on who they think will win not on who they want to win because there`s real money involved.  On the above link the "market" is refreshed every 15 minutes, you have to click on which market you want to see. Right now Romney is trading at the highest value followed by Paul..Cain at 0.  So Romney will win the Iowa caucus.  0bama will win back the White House in the fall with trading at this hour.  Republicans will hold the House and win back the Senate big time.  Have fun trading and realize that there is substantial risk in commodity trading  Smiley Happy 

17 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The Bottom Line -----

@BA Deere wrote:

http://tippie.uiowa.edu/iem/markets/    A  friend of mine showed me where the University of Iowa has a "stock market" for candidates.  You can buy a share of Romney or whoever at $1 per share.  It`s said that this "market" is uber highly accurate, because people bid on who they think will win not on who they want to win because there`s real money involved.  On the above link the "market" is refreshed every 15 minutes, you have to click on which market you want to see. Right now Romney is trading at the highest value followed by Paul..Cain at 0.  So Romney will win the Iowa caucus.  0bama will win back the White House in the fall with trading at this hour.  Republicans will hold the House and win back the Senate big time.  Have fun trading and realize that there is substantial risk in commodity trading  Smiley Happy 

The Bottom Line is that if O'mama wins, America is lost.  The exception is that the Senate and House is veto-proof, which will render O'mama an instant lame duck, with any and all of the bad news pinned right on him.

The_Thrill_Is_Gone.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey Craig, 0bama wins right now against a "unnamed Republican" .   Once a Republican is named and the swinging starts, the "0bama November cash price" gets a pretty weak basis. The fair question that has to be hammered all summer is "Are you better off than 4 years ago?"  a resounding NO! is the answer.  Of course us farmers can`t complain too much, but with all that God damned regulation put on us makes $6 corn hardly worth it.  Word on the street is the IRS is targeting individual county Farm Bureau offices "non-profit status" that would break that office.  To combat this attack all county FB`s are getting on the same bullet-proof accounting method, so we all stick together, but adds to the opperating expense.  The 0bama regime is using the IRS on it`s enemies.  Word is they`re even going after the Lions Club. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Craig, 0bama wins right now against a "unnamed Republican" .   Once a Republican is named and the swinging starts, the "0bama November cash price" gets a pretty weak basis. The fair question that has to be hammered all summer is "Are you better off than 4 years ago?"  a resounding NO! is the answer.  Of course us farmers can`t complain too much, but with all that God damned regulation put on us makes $6 corn hardly worth it.  Word on the street is the IRS is targeting individual county Farm Bureau offices "non-profit status" that would break that office.  To combat this attack all county FB`s are getting on the same bullet-proof accounting method, so we all stick together, but adds to the opperating expense.  The 0bama regime is using the IRS on it`s enemies.  Word is they`re even going after the Lions Club. 

Barack Huein O'mama is a text book Nazi.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just what regulation has the president put on you? Why is Farm bureau be a nonprofit? I doubt that Obama has anything to do with it but they may have thrown up red flags that has the IRS interested.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

America will NOT be lost.  Maybe in your twisted mind because you and your party won't be able to instigate all the draconian measures you wish but as a whole, it will be as always, America!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Then quit farming.  I hear that moving and changing jobs to better one's self is pretty easy.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

On tax issues, without the Farm Bureau this would be soviet Russia.  See Don, what is it that separates America from the rest of the backward world?  Thee main thing is PROPERTY RIGHTS, in America you can buy land or a business and you can improve to make a living and hire others to also make a living.  The rest of the world, you don`t actually own anything, you are leasing at best.  Take Africa, there is so much government unrest would you free safe putting up a Morton bldg or a cattle feedlot?  Nope.  The Farm Bureau has fought tirelessly in you being able to pass your farm to your kids when your time is up.  In his past term Governor Branstad with FB guidance tied property taxes to a farm`s productivity not the sales prices, can you imagine the land tax they`d soak you with if your neighbor sold for $20,000/a ??  The fricken EPA keeps wanting to regulate combine dust, they are regulating fertilizer and fuel storage, using satellites to check on you, big brother anyone?  It` s a hell of a mess Don and it`s gonna get worse, almost forgot the God damned federal DOT.  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Oh, I`ve thought about it, but the capital gains tax`d kill me.  Once you got a tiger by the tail Schnurrbart, how do you let him go?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

We have always been able to pass our farm on to our kids. We have always been able to buy land or property. FB had nothing to do with it.

Assessing property has always been tied to market value. Are you suggesting my house in Bixby ought to be taxed less because it doesn't  produce an income?

There is nothing here that should compare us to soviet Russia. Farm bureau is little more than republican lobbyests funded by insurance profits.

Choke choke! that old combine dust regulations has been a batch for us farmers. Are you being oppressed by the dot as well?

Next time try to include more hyperbole in your remarks.