cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Bottom Line -----

My God, Craigo, your it's no wonder your Repbulican party is in taters, with idiots like you part of it!! What a freeking joke you are!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Farm Bureau is the worst piece of crap organization to ever be allowed in the United States. Their bottom line is INSURANCE, YOU FOOL! They have never, and I mean never done anything to help the American farmer! All they have done is make a bunch of sheeple out of them.

I hope the IRS takes them to the cleaners! Then we can watch the clowns bail them out, with HIGHER PREMIUMS!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Have to agree GTO, seems like everything Farm Bureau is for I am against.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Bite your tongue GTO

As a young lad the only way that I could afford health insurance was through Farm Bureau, they did way more for me than the Democrats ever did.  Farm Bureau IS nonprofit we teach kids about farming, educate farmers about new rules that we all wil have to live under.  We give scholarships to kids going into a ag profession.  GTO, were it not for the Farm Bureau this fricken politicians would use us farmers as a ATM machine.  I had my squabbles with the Farm Bureau, I didn`t like how they sided with the big damned hog confinements, we didn`t need them damned things, but what are ya gonna do?  Kids nowadays that want to raise hogs want to do it that way, they don`t know about A-frame huts and 4-pen houses in the pasture.  Well the hell with it I`ll sell `em some $7 corn and then it`s their problem.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You must really be wealthy.  No wonder you are a repub.  You don't have to pay capital gains until you sell.  Keep the land just quit farming it.  That way you wouldn't  be losing so much money farming.  You weren't the one who bought or sold that $20000/acre land the other day are you?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Bite your tongue GTO

BA! Did you read what you just wrote??

First, you try to sing their praises, about how they have helped all the people, compete with the corporations, when you know **bleep** well, it can't be done?? Come on!

But, in the next breath you divulge what has been their modus operandi for years! They have NOT ever helped the farmer! ALL THEY HAVE EVER DONE IS, FARM THE FARMER, it's the only thing they have ever been successful doing. Your post proved what I said in the first post, they've made you people a bunch of faithful sheeple. As I said before, the FARM BUREAU, IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE AMERICAN FARMER! 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey GTO, in the 90`s when the Big Pork Inc moved in and we were selling 8¢ hogs, bldgs were going up right and left through it.  Middle aged guys with a son coming in WANTED this.  See they thought the Son could work and make $20/hd...which ended up $6 or $8/hd sometimes empty bldgs to make payments on.  I was in the midst of the whole grass roots policy devolopment process, farmers wanted it.  20 somethings begged for a "chance to farm"  old duffers said "Oh hogs have always stunk...grow up!"  Greedy grain farmers were falling over each other for the manure and saying "Well, these hog setups add an extra nickle to our corn price"  those fcukers would sell their own grandmother to a Barbary coast whorehouse for a extra nickle in corn.  This is the risk you take with a grass roots organization, sometimes you are diameterically opposed to what the majority of the members.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just seems to me like Farm Bureau has always been for big government big farm programs. Something I have always been against.