cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

The culture of death.

Knapper, here is a good place to cut the budget.

snip-

Planned Parenthood received $349.6 million in tax dollars in its fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2008 and paid its president, Cecile Richards, $385,163, plus another $11,876 in benefits and deferred compensation.

Also, according to a “fact sheet” published by the organization, Planned Parenthood Affiliate Health Centers performed 324,008 abortions in 2008

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/planned-parenthood-got-3496-million-tax

12 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: The culture of death.

.Once again you have determined all by yourself that someone else is over paid. Just how jealous are you?

I'd say an entity that has that kind of budget must have quite a bit to do. It's probably not a jobr for a hayseed farmer that thinks everyone else is overpaid. You are insinuating that those federal dollars pay for abortions are you? That is against federal law.

Senior Contributor

Isn't that what you do every day here with your incessant whining about "Mr Got bucks"?

Yes! It is!

Veteran Advisor

Which were most likely going to be performed anyway, PP or no PP. But instead, in "back alleys", by untrained personel. At great peril to those women.

.And  hundreds of thousands, quite possibly millions more that never became an issue, as a result of the other activities and services in education and contraception as provided by PP. 

And where is the proof that any federal funds were used directly for any of them? This is around the barn, back door, insinuating logic being used here. A search on the matter revealed only links to this article and reprints in other publications. If it was actually as in the manner that is insinuated Congress would have been all over it like stink on an ape.

Senior Advisor

Every day? I think you would probably have to go back more than a year to find me using that term.

Senior Contributor

Not one mention about the poor little innocent lives taken before they could draw their first breath. And we wonder why society is in shambles. Life is cheap. The premium is placed on convenience. Sad.

Veteran Advisor

By the title I expected something in this thread about your war machine and Iraq and Afghanistan where 100,000's of thousands have been killed. Men women and children all walking the earth already.

Senior Contributor

No this is about the 324,000 killed in one year before they could draw a breath. I guess in the over all scheme of things it was a bargain. Life is cheap.

Veteran Advisor

I just recently came across some research into crime stats, and the drop in the crime rate in the 1990s. It explained how just over half of the drop could be explained or attributed to various causes and reasons, but the remaining 48% drop is believed to be caused from when Roe v. Wade came into being and 20 years after that, because of the resulting abortions from the poor and unwanted pregnancies. It was cross referenced with data from a few states that allowed abortions prior to Roe v. Wade, and the results from those states were the same.

I'll look for the actual studies with the data and post it here when I find it. 

Veteran Advisor

Interesting Tom.

I recall seeing stats on what the reason was for having an abortion and connected to income too I believe.

My recollection was that around 50% were at or below official poverty level income and/or the reason for an abortion was that they could not afford to raise a child.

As I remember it included a lot of info and single mothers was a large segment too but poor was a big group.

Like you I will see if I can find that again.

Abortion is a hot button item for some but they do not take the time to think of what they might be asking someone to do if they refused all abortions.