cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The founders were tea baggers.

Yup some of them were there at the boston harber when bagger brewed up alarge batch.

However those baggers made some serious mistakes. They didn't think the black folks we entitled to freedom either. Nor should women get the vote.  So much for liberty and justice for all.

I while they were making those decisions the also declared that your folks ought to own your own machine gun, your own bazooka and your own napalm bombs. All of this with the intention of giving you the ability to kill your friends and neighbors if they happened to vote for a black guy. That you can shut the government down if a few of you don't like the outcome of a election or a vote in congress.

They didn't sat that losers had to be satisfied with losing. They didn't mention disrupting the functions of gpvernment for 8 years. I wonder if we can take a firearm into the halls of congress and aim it at a congressmans head and ask him how he is going to vote. The power of persuasion should be legal in the halls of congress. Right? Right!

9 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: The founders were tea baggers.

I thought you'd decided to be nice, Don.

Well, that is true but prominent among those "founders" were also some Quakers of the Delaware Bay colonies who while they weren't quite up to modern standards in regards to racial and gender equality they were remarkably advanced for their time.

They believed that the inner light of God exists in all human beings and thus the golden rule is sort of kind of like a rule, not a suggestion.

But they were rather equivocal on the revolution- not on dissolving the bond with Great Britain- but in regards to the taking up of arms.  So I guess they get stricken from the discussion?

But anyway, they were founders too.

hardnox604008
Advisor

I guess in regards to the Quakers and gun control it's sort of like the old joke that Earl Butz retold- "you no playa da game, you no maka da rules."

hardnox604008
Advisor

This has be sort of fired up to become a William Penn tribute artist.

Isn't there a fmous painting of him where he's like St. Frances of Asissi with the peaceful beasts of the wood?

I could get a few stuffed critters and the hat.....

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I used to work at Quaker Oats Co. Does that count? 

Samnospam
Advisor

Samnospam
Advisor

People ask to be just left alone.  Not to be forced to participate in schemes they don't have an interest in.   And you act as if they are the aggressors.   You tell me to leave my property behind and get out of the country, and then act like your a victim.     You can't be a totalitarian fascist and a victim, they don't have an arm band for that.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Having mentioned the quakers and puritans, another group would be those Virginians.

They were probably a lot like **bleep** Cheney with his map parcelling out the Iraqi oil fields. Their map of Virginia extended all the way to the Pacific.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Oh I don't want you to leave sammy. I want you to stay but maybe you would be happier elsewhere and  you never have a government and you never have to put up with anyone with a different point of view.

You are wanting america to be that and it isn't. It's a conglomeration of 320 million different points of view and ideas what our government should and shouldn't do. Had the founding fathers been all wise it may have been something different. In fact they were a bunch of rich guys deciding what was best for the affluent gentry. Plus they did all that fighting like the teabaggers.

I am amazed that so many quote madison as if he was of divine heritage, when in fact he was merely a republican trying to rig the system to their advantage

If I would have been writing the constitution it would have been far different. Church and state would really be seperate. Churches would pay taxes like any other bogus enterprise.  Congress people would all be women. Why? the testoserone effect on male legislators gets in the way of reason and logic. Taxes would be the same rate for the rich as the middle class and it wouldn't make a **bleep** bit of difference if the income came from investments or labor. In fact labor would probably get a favorable tax rate.

Samnospam
Advisor

Your freedom to have a point of view ends at my bank account.  Think what ever you want, leave me out of it.