cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

The guy before me ruined the farm.

I've had a farm for 5 years and just can't get it to grow a crop.  It's weed infested and has other pests.  I think it's worse now than when I first got it.  The guy before me messed it up so bad it just won't produce.  I've got some experts to advise me and I don't have time to manage every detail so I'm counting on them.  I've had some problems with their management too but it's not my fault, their the ones who are supposed to know which pest, which herbicide, which variety will work.  I still blame the guy before me though for letting the place go.  The neighbors told me it really was a high producing farm for most of the time he had it but I don't believe them.

29 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: The guy before me ruined the farm.

Do you know much about farming or just want a profitable lifestyle funded by grants and subsidies with the illusion of sustainability?

If you have been there 5 years with ordinary results I suspect it might beYOU.
Veteran Advisor

Sounds like what President Zero keeps saying about his administration. Smiley Wink
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:
Do you know much about farming or just want a profitable lifestyle funded by grants and subsidies with the illusion of sustainability?

If you have been there 5 years with ordinary results I suspect it might beYOU.

Give the man a prize. 5 year is plenty of time isn't Gouchy.

Senior Contributor

Absolutely comrade. He deserves a medal for sticking it out for that long. You only get 25 years for murder over here.
Veteran Advisor

Goofy thought he was a wit...

and based on how quick he is to figure things out here, the guy was half right.

Nice metaphor, WeHav about the current fool in the big seat.

Senior Advisor

You forgot to mention that your banker won't give you money to buy seed chemicals or fertilizer. Dop younsuppose your banker wants you to fail?

Senior Contributor

The answer for you is always more money. Other peoples money that is. Just throw more money at it and say to yourself I care about people. Emotion rules you doesn't it.

Senior Contributor

Re: Goofy thought he was a wit...

Your got a short memory.  You were the one who referred to me as a POS from down under.  As for Wit, You wouldnt blow wind up my ass.

Honored Advisor

This mess will continue alot longer than many of us think possible.  As long as the fed can buy US debt, outright or through countries like Belgium paying 1% interest, drawing in an occasional sucker in the mix, it can go on as long as no one loses confidence. 

The US is like a nice guy that is going around town writting bouncy checks, as long as the merchants just stick em in a drawer and don`t take them to the bank, that nice guy can continue to write them.   But one day one of the merchants will simply say "enough is enough. No more checks from you!"  and once one starts the rest will follow.

The US will really need a "debt writte-off" at some point.  Because at the end of 0bama the national debt will be north of $20 Trillion plus what, maybe $100 Trillion in unfunded mandates?  Let`s say interest rates go from essentially zero to say 5%.  That would really snowball, putting even more upward pressure on rates.

The thing is, I don`t care what deal on entitlements that we made with "the basterds", when our new creditors take over, I doubt they`ll allow pensioners to continue living high on the hog, there probably won`t be pensions at all or cruises or motorhomes or teeth fixing, you`ll work or you won`t eat.  That is why if we have a national conversation BEFORE things get uncontrollable, with means testing on the table perhaps we can put off the day of reckoning for the truly needy.  But for now the only cuts talked about and DONE were to farm programs and veteran care, EVERYTHING else has ++ COLA increases every year.

I don`t know why I give a Goll damned, in a few years it`ll be the Mexican`s problem the way they`re flooding in here.