cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Since nobody even commented on your problem...

I don't see how just letting acreage grow with weeds can't be turned around in one season with the correct regimen. You should take the time to closely communicate with your experts and ask questions. I suspect it is going to cost you to get the land managable and in good production again. You really need a plan and be able to understand that plan fully.

Good luck.

PS - Sorry that all the people here capable of offering good suggestions just followed their own agendas on your post. Not one helped you squat.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Since nobody even commented on your problem...

i think he was talking about the country knapper and just using the farm story to see if anybody made the connection  JMO

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Knappster is a liberal and a little slow on grasping a metaphor.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I certainly did show my liberal side actually caring about my fellow man. Shame on me! I should be rode out of town on a rail for giving a flip.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The guy before me ruined the farm.

5% interest , when the SHTF, sounds too cheap to me. THis funny money debt issue is way more serious than any of the other problems, and threatens the American Republic in a very immediate way.

In as much as Shifty , Bruce, and others advocate more govt stealing through inflation, I don't know how much more printing of money can occur until a panic sets in. I know I am in the process of building more grain bins as a way to store my weath outside of paper money and buying $11000 land , which may fall hard if spending and printing are  reined in. I know, a big IF, but I thought that would never happen back in 1981 and I was dead  wrong. Luckily I didn't have squat back then and couldn't make a blunder even if I wanted to.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Liberals do actually have a place...spearheading private charities, running soup kitchens, etc. Just stay out of government and if you do have to vote, try to limiit the damage by only voting once.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are a piece of work. I won't say any more. Ask your preacher about this conversation and see what he says. Better yet, print it out and give it to him and ask that he write a sermon on it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The guy before me ruined the farm.

If you only made one principal payment, in 40 years, and have to borrow more from the bank, just to pay the interest on the money you already owe, year after year, don't you think the banker might be in his rights, to try to cut back your extrenous spending?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I thought it was odd since you can take new ground or fallow ground and bring it into production quickly. Thanks for the interpretation Rawhide. I'm just easily fooled by deceptive agendas on occasion. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: If you really thought that

You would put your $10K land up for sale, take the cash and move out. Suddenly you became fiscally responsible about six years ago.

Did you ever stop to think that the excessivwe borrowing is the responsibility of the Bush tax cuts. The notion that you starve the government into submission is a flawed concept. Like you quitting one of your jobs so the wife will be forced to cut her credit card up.

This strategy is force people to submit to YOUR philosphy by starving the revenues. If the public wanted your policy , you would use the powers of persuasion to convince them of the value of your theory. The fact is the public is smarter than you.  They won't downsize the government just to save yoy a few tax dollars. Get your head out of your arse and sell the merits of your philosophy to the public. Trying to intimidate or insult them into agreement is simply stupid!