cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The loss on Wiener's seat

I thought the first stimulus was supposed to be spent on things like this, and other shovel-ready enterprises?

Where did all that money go?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, and for emergency runways, too.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Teacher unions. Well that and George Kaiser.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

• Prove it wasn't!? My wife and I spend our winters in AZ. and have seen at least 20 or more signs, that say the road construction was paid for from the stimulus package created by the government. Your way off base, pal. You need to change your source of information, your being suckered.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Oh yeah, and signs.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Not sure if one can say with certainty that Repub Turner's victory in this recent New York election equates to more Dem losses in 2012 or an Obama defeat but it was an eye opener considering Dems held a 3 to 1 edge in registered voters plus spent more money in this campaign.  It is also noteworthy that no Repub had won that seat since 1920.   A lot can still happened between now now and Nov. 2012 and Repubs still seem to be struggling to find a presidential candidate that the majority of them can get behind or fired up over. 

I'm still hoping that more people will start supporting Ron Paul but fear the media has done a pretty good job convincing many Repubs that Paul is not electable so they better support one of the other candidates.