cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

The magic 8 ball

Is that what your dear leader uses to decide what to do and proclaim next?

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/washington/trump-is-the-magic-8-ball-president/?utm_source=nl&utm_me...

Unconstrained by information, ideology, staff or his party, Trump is now the Magic 8 Ball president. No one can predict what he will do next. A missile strike against North Korea is just as likely as a sudden peace deal. Steel tariffs can come and go in the same day. White House officials openly admit they have no idea what he will announce next, or what promise he will abandon.

There are two important implications of this. First, a mercurial president constantly making random decisions effectively incapacitates the White House. If he is for gun control one day and against it the next, it is impossible for him to apply the sustained political pressure needed to implement any policy decision. Nothing will get done. Second, this means his support from the Republican Party may erode rapidly.

Until recently, the GOP has been willing to back Trump against almost every accusation and threat. He might be an unethical *****, but he was their *****. If he can no longer be counted on to even support gun rights, then the calculus changes, and the odds of impeachment increase exponentially.

33 Replies
lnseiler
Senior Contributor

Re: The magic 8 ball

Hard to believe that 80% of Rs still support this sociopath, but then person looks at most of the posts and comments that the RWNJs put up here and then you know that some sort of group psychosis has taken hold of them.
They still back this deranged grifter.
This is what voter apathy and 2 poor candidates gave us.
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

My opinion ...with the crap on guns, tarrif on
Iron and aluminum, and now a cheesy way to
Reduce ethanol (and demand for corn)
If the rural Republicans wake up and figure
Out that their fellow isn't their friend...

Things might start to change
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

And then there is this

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/morning-agriculture/2018/03/02/ag-exports-could-be-the-losers-i...

You would think some of these farmers might soon start taking notice of what their dear leader is doing to them and there country.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(There are two important implications of this. First, a mercurial president constantly making random decisions effectively incapacitates the White House. If he is for gun control one day and against it the next, it is impossible for him to apply the sustained political pressure needed to implement any policy decision. Nothing will get done. Second, this means his support from the Republican Party may erode rapidly.

Until recently, the GOP has been willing to back Trump against almost every accusation and threat. He might be an unethical *****, but he was their *****. If he can no longer be counted on to even support gun rights, then the calculus changes, and the odds of impeachment increase exponentially.)

Trump comes up with an immigration plan that includes a path to citizenship for 1,800,000 dreamers, triple what Obama proposed;

then Trump comes out with some proposed changes to gun laws.

Now you progressives are against the dreamers and changes to immigration laws; and for keeping gun laws as they are?

And now Canuck and other progressives are backing your girl Maxine Waters for impeachment - Um, because Um, Ah, well I guess because Trump is for these changes that progressives wanted and now don't want? 

Could you all have a meeting and figure out what your for - other than being against Trump.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

And now Canuck and other progressives are backing your girl Maxine Waters for impeachment - Um, because Um, Ah, well I guess because Trump is for these changes that progressives wanted and now don't want? 

You should stick to reality Edmund not your dreams.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Having trouble keeping up with what's going on Ed? Because you really don't have a real grasp of what is happening. Here's an idea of what this man you elected is doing, destroying America!! He's unraveled and bonkers!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-was-angry-and-‘unglued’-when-he-started-a-trade-war-of...

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Ed.....I'll explain this and will type real slow so
You can understand...it's not a sin not being
The sharpest knife in the drawer.

Obama is no longer president.... hollering about
Him and his actions will change nothing, other
Than making people mad
Just because you do not back trump you are
Automatically an Obama or hillery lover....that
Is inaccurate. ((Not right))
There is no linkage to immigration and gun
Control.

My friend, you really need to go to the doctor and
See what he can do about the blood in your eyes.
lnseiler
Senior Contributor

Echoes of my comment from 5:45 pm.
You wonder who could possibly try to defend the indefensible-then you see a post like Eddie’s. Not exactly the most sophisticated voters....
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

If this don't make you sick, then you aren't payin' attention to how Trump is screwing this country!! He is sellin' out this country as fast as he can, because Mueller is breathing down his neck!!  

http://www.newsweek.com/carl-icahn-sold-millions-steel-stock-donald-trump-tariff-announcement-829029...