cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The misinformation about Trump continues

Notwithstanding the garbage of hitler comparison in a number of posts in the forum....Donald Trump is about as far away from hitler as one could get if you want to be honest about it.

But here is a stupid Marketwatch story saying how Trump would "balloon the national debt".  The trouble with their hack story, the graph they show has the national debt at "$14 trillion" now...Smiley Very Happy   we should be so lucky.  You know these hacks that come up with this crap should at least find out the current national debt before they concoct these stories. 

But there you go liberals, Trump isn`t going to touch your entitlements, that is why the author claims the national debt will soar, so don`t be afraid of Trump.   I wonder what the author thinks Bernie sanders would do to the nat debt?...oh yah, I bet he doesn`t write those stories   Smiley Happy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/president-trump-would-send-the-national-debt-soaring/ar-BBqqI...

31 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

fiscal matters

FWIW, each and every one of the current and former GOP hopefuls had tax reform plans that would have sharply increased the budget deficit, except for magic dynamic scoring and in the style of Ryan, spending cuts and loophole closures to be announced later.

As I've said here to deafening silence, if you're worried about the deficit then Hillary is the most responsible candidate. But then we quickly powershift to things we just know or other concerns. But based on the stted policies it is 100% true.

Bernie's plan probbly does run big deficits- there's been a big foodfight going on amongst left lening public intellectuals concerning how much additional growth you cn impute (probably more than tax cuts for .01%ers, though). But if we have to run deficits I'd rather do it actually helping people improve their lives.

BTW, if you do the Rubio or Cruz plans it is basically going to be the final wrapup to 40 years of neoliberal looting of America as all those $Trillions of untaxed capital gains get the ollie ollie all in free treatment.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The misinformation about Trump continues

Bernie tellsyou where he is going to get the money. If Your name Mitt Warren Bill You may have to end your tax vacation and pay the same rate that you and I do. I know that we risk having fewer jobs if we tax the job creators but they haven't been doing much lately.

If I buy shares in coca cola does that mean I am a job creator. I say it doesn't create a job in the soda pop industry. It might take ten seconds in abrokerage firm but that isn't really creating a job. So why shouldn't there be a capital gains tax on my coke stock if I sell it or I die? And why shouldn't it face the sme tax rates that my corn and bean income? Why shouldn't it be taxed for SS?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Comparison garbage??  Well, it does seem to be rather familiar. If it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck.......

image.png

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'm surprised they weren't chanting, Sieg Heil!! That will be next you know!?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The people in the crowd are raising their hands, much like at a meeting where the group is asked "Who`s going to plant more corn this year, let`s see a show of hands" .   If you take things out of context and you don`t like the person you`re doing this to, of course you can write your own narrative.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: fiscal matters

Nox, anyone that`s been around any length of time knows there`s nothing to projecting a particular president`s budget deficits and more importantly the resulting national debt.  I can tell you whoever is elected, the national debt will be higher.  But we don`t know a number of things, like the US growth rate, anymore 9/11s coming?, is congress going to go along with a president`s spending or taxes?...way too many variables.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Donald Trump represents the bottom 70% of American households (annual income <$75K) who no longer find the current status quo, "tolerable." In effect, these folks are willing to risk "the devil they do not know" in order to escape the one they are currently dealing with in Washington & on Wall Street.

Needless to say, Trump just scares the bajeezus out of the top 30% who have done extraordinarily well these past twenty five years or so. For the top 10% power elites and those others residing in top 11-30% households, the status quo might be dysfunctional. It might also be distasteful, but it remains (and this is the operative word) "tolerable," nonetheless.

Regardless of their party or their poltical ideology; the people with the most to lose are the ones who can be counted upon to vote for Hillary in November. Ms. Clinton is the status quo. For the top 30%, the economic frying pan we are all in is not sizzling nearly enough for anyone to try jumping into what may well be a fire below...if that makes sense. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That`s right Packard, if I was the Bigshot that moved a company to Mexico or if I was a contractor that hired alot of Mexicans I would be scared too death of Trump.  Trump seems to be apealing to many Democrat voters that have been left high and dry.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Except that he asked them to show that they supported him.  It isn't garbage of course, but he is a today narcissism, arrogant butt with the morals of a gutter snipe!  He incites violence against all who oppose him and tells his supporters to beat up protestors.  If you support him, you are the same!