cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The misinformation about Trump continues

I keep tinking this started as a joke...this is just a bored billionaire screwing with people. His $1 bet with Sheldon Adelson to prove he could become the GOP Candidate by saying the most racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, and jingoistic things possible has now gone up to $2 betting he can't get his entire audience at a rally to look like a Nuremberg Rally.

If you BA  were in denial would you know ??

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/05/trump_supporters_raise_right_hands_to_pledge_suppo...

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

What is so bad about asking the audience to pledge to vote for him?   You know Obama had a whole lot of real crap that was down right terrifying like these damned little monsters and you liberals weren`t too excercised about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtGr1JFCnE

Highlighted
Advisor

Ha!  Yeah, Cracko, it's not like they are Beyonce's back-up troop or something 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Ha!  Yeah, Cracko, it's not like they are Beyonce's back-up troop or something 

Remember these Obama Brownshirt Brigade youth?

http://youtu.be/Z_XpSvL0xXY

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

I'm surprised they weren't chanting, Sieg Heil!! That will be next you know!?

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Maybe those are hitler's hands or maybe they are one of the Oregon Duck's fans making "O" sign of the Ducks!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Oh, Yeah?

@schnurrbart wrote:

Maybe those are hitler's hands or maybe they are one of the Oregon Duck's fans making "O" sign of the Ducks!

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Advisor

30% is probably quite a stretch.

$1M household net worth breaks at the 90th percentile. There would be some younger high income people on their way there but worth noting that it probably takes $1M just to assure a very comfortable retirement lifestyle, with SS. If you've owned a home in some zip codes for a couple decades you have that unless you've tapped the equity back out.

$10M net worth breaks a bit above 99th percentile.

So my guess is maybe 15% doing very well, more or less, another 15% doing OK but still believe they will, or are just bad at math.

I wouldn't know why any of the Republicans should be of concern to wealthy people- they all promise regressive tax cuts.

I suppose Sanders might concern 1%ers (pretty much the only people his tax program tags, either on income or estate).  Unless, of course "they" are concerned over the fact that their domestic customer base is mostly tapped out financially and their overseas customer base turned out to be a mirage.

Of course a lot of the looting that has taken place over the last 40 years has been financial in nature and thus didn't require customers- just suckers.

But one of the most insightful quotes I know is from J.K. Galbreath (from memory) "people of privelege will always risk their own destruction before surrendering any of their advantgage."

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I dont know if you have any international friends, but they are really becoming perturned at America.

Former Anti-Defamation League director Abe Foxman excoriated Donald Trump for urging his supporters at a weekend rally to raise their right hands and promise to support him, a gambit Foxman said evoked echoes of Hitler salutes from Nazi rallies in the 1930s and ’40s.

For Foxman, who was born in Poland in 1940 and was saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny, watching Trump whip up his supporters in this fashion was extremely disturbing.

“As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the ‘Heil Hitler’ salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America,” he told The Times of Israel.

“We’ve seen this sort of thing at rallies of neo-Nazis. We’ve seen it at rallies of white supremacists. But to see it at a rally for a legitimate candidate for the presidency of the United States is outrageous.”

“It is a fascist gesture,” Foxman said. “He is smart enough — he always tells us how smart he is — to know the images that this evokes. Instead of asking his audience to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, which in itself would be a little bizarre, he’s asking them to swear allegiance to him.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-adl-chief-trumps-raise-your-hand-gambit-was-deliberate-nazi-style-fa...