cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The muslims do this. The muslims do that

All these goofy remarks about Muslims commiting this atrosity or that is rather stupid.

The american that shot up the theatre in colorado was a what? A lutheran or a baptist or a methodist or an american?

The american that blew up the Murrah building was not a muslim but he was a veteran . Why not say the veteran blew up the Murrah building killing hundreds of innocents.

Thus with the Muslim remarks youn are implying that all muslims are suspect and likely to do the same. That like sayiong all Lutherans, baptist,  methodists, americans, or veterans have done a murderous crimes so the whole darn group are suspect.

I know your intent is to smear all muslims but it simply doesn't make sense.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The muslims do this. The muslims do that

You are asking for these people to use one of the shortest commodities on earth, Common sense.  It is not that common you know.  Mollie and 3020 are the chief spear carriers on here and Craig doesn't do much to dampen the fire on occassions.

You can feel the tension building as the prospect of defeat comes nearer. Some have shaking hands and cold sweats.  Some just go quiet. Some just go (off here) but the result will be the same.  I hope all the closet Liberals "come out" after Nov. and join with me in triumphalism.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I agree. Desperation seems to be setting in from the extremes on both sides.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:
I agree. Desperation seems to be setting in from the extremes on both sides.

The Baptist attack our consulate in libya and killed 4 Americans? The Baptist demand the UN pass a no blaspheme law? The Baptist rally in the UK demanding the you tube video insulting their prophet be removed? Comparing anyone else to the islamist extremist, or in other words the muslims is to deny reality.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

They don't say Lutherans cause Lutherans stay out of trouble and out of the spotlight. Lutherans are lowkey, polite, and peaceloving...really about  the best bunch of people you can find.

A bit dispassionate, though, according to folklore.

There was once a frisky Lutheran farmer that loved his wife so much that he almost told her.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Lessons from Lutherans

Agreed on what you say about Lutherans, however if you look back in history to the first World War, Lutherans were all suspect because of their German ancestry. Many Lutheran congregations went from giving their services in German to English. Others were reviled or distrusted by their neighbors because they were Lutheran and German. Shades of it reoccurred in WWII. This situation is sort of applicable to the Muslim situation. If all Lutherans were suspect back then, all Muslims are suspect in the same way now - but is that right and fair or is it bending to human weakness that we should restrain?

Highlighted
Advisor

I call co-option.

The Tuetonic wing of the  "Lutheran party" shouldn't be laying claim to an image attributable to the Nordic caucus. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Lessons from Lutherans

Good point as that certianly did happen here, but not "all" Lutherans.  There are huge gaps within Lutheranism.  Started in Germany, yes.  But considerable continued reformation has taken place as it spread.

There are many, primarily rural, areas where the German Lutheran churches are the face of Lutheranism.  But the largest synod nation wide would be the one that has experienced and exhibited the most ongoing reform.

Senior Advisor

Re: Lessons from Lutherans

My dad relates how a neighbor was selling US war bonds and advocating that it was most important for those of us with a german heritage buy those bonds to cement our loyalty. In fact he bought those bonds for himself and each one of his children. I cashed mine in several decades ago. It was no longer drawing interest.

BTW. my older brother served in france and germany during ww 2 and I well remember him coming home. I was 6 years old and rode with dad to mason city iowa in our 1940 chevrolet to pick him up. He came in on the Rock Island Rocket.