cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The nerve of those extremist thumpers

Well, if you need a permit for regular meetings of 3 or more people, especially if prayer is involved, there are an awful lot of weekend football party hosts that better get in line at the courthouse.

Highlighted
Advisor

Probably a terrorist group.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

Well, if you need a permit for regular meetings of 3 or more people, especially if prayer is involved, there are an awful lot of weekend football party hosts that better get in line at the courthouse.

NEB you are putting that religion (christian) thing in there again and I do not think that is the reason for the enforcement of the by-law.

ANY regular meeting would/should be fined according to the by-law.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

They are a church according to your article.  The church building was undergoing repair or something and they couldn't meet there.  No one is persecuting Christians here.  They were conducting meetings in conflict with existing rules for doing so and didn't follow those rules which they could have with no problem.  I repeat no one is after Christians in this situation.  Also, to say that ALL the neighbors were supportive is BS.  Someone didn't like the traffic and did complain.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sorry, it only applies to the following organizations:    "religious, fraternal, or nonprofit organizations”  That would include the Masons, FOP or the Red Cross but not Super bowl parties.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It is clear harassment. This is nothing but friends getting together.

Highlighted
Advisor

I'd think that someone as immersed in Christain conservativsm would be aware that Orange Co. California is a hot bed of your culture. Christian conservatism traditionally dominates it's politcs. I've never been in a more obviously  totally conservative, right anchored city than San Diego.

Shouldn't be all that hard in that prevailing environment to get that ordinance dropped or changed, or to get an executive order to ignore enforcement if it indeed was only about harasssment.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yeah, some choice. Hire a lawyer and go to court or do an environmental impact study and make their house wheel chair accessible. If that is a Christian friendly town I would hate to be in one that isn't.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Wrong again!  IF it is harassment then anyone wishing to hold regular meetings in their home of any nature will be harrassed equally.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Do you REALLY believe that this regulation was put into the city by-laws just to harrass Christians???????