cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

The next shoe to drop....Deportations and Reimbursements

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/31/14457678/trump-order-immigrants-welfare

Trump was probably the most improbable guy in the USA to lead the charge on getting the country solvent again, but he has taken the mantle and is running with it, aided of course by those "idiots" around him.

This article is written trying to drum up support AGAINST his policies, but as I read it, I found myself nodding and saying, Wow, if this is true, Way to Go Trump.

What does everyone else think? Should Trump go forward on stopping benefits to people not entitled to them? The author of the article seems to think that there is a difference between "government money" and "tax dollars".....anyone with better English comprehension skills here that can tell me what she or he means?

14 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: The next shoe to drop....Deportations and Reimbursements

Not that it will change the budget much or improve your life any but you'll feel better knowing you're being *****ty to somebody.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

The laws of convergence and mathematics will soon offer a stark reality to all regardless of good feelings and good intentions unless immediate steps are taken
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

yeah, revoke and clawback a few billion farm subsadeees.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

It will be all at risk unless the debt is curtailed and the medical monopolies are busted up.
bruce MN
Advisor

You will have to give me a bit of latitude on the exact year, but it was probably 1955 or '56. Got the day though. Memorial Day. Annual extended family picnic. Been held, in the same park, since the 1890s and we do everything we can to attend each year. I'm sure that I have been to over 60 of them.

Point being, why I bring it up is that one of those years when I was a 6 or 7 yr old kid I heard what you say for the 1st time. Next to verbatim. From my Grandfather's crackpot Brother-in-law who was a 3rd generation shoe company rep and a dabbler in investments. Realized later that he had come in to quite a little, had taken over an established territory and was terrified of being taxed or inflated out of one red cent of the spoils. Most memorable about him was the John Birch Society pin he always wore. And the JBS window decal on his string of Buicks.

Been waiting now for 61 or 2 years to turn on the radio or open the paper some morning to find that it had finally happened. In the interim, particularly now with the internet, have been inundated with ads and contacts from shysters pitching gold and other forms of insurance and protection from calamity and the coming financial apocalypse. 

So if you've got a target date, or some particulars as to what the ignorant masses should be keeping an eye out for, please share.  I've got a file as long as your arm that's still got some room in it. 

bruce MN
Advisor

I agree 100% regarding the med/pharma monopolies.  Poses great danger to society and the future. I'd be interested in your prediction of how your new racist, plutocrat, deal buster hero is going to address the issue. ???

Not sure however that it fits in the same bullet with matters of monetary policy. If you were posing seperate issues, never mind. But certainly those are matters for separate discussion.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Personnally, i wouldn't spend a dime on walls or deportations.   I'd put you in jail for 10 years for employing an illegal and I'd cut off all aid to non citizens.  Leave, starve, or go live with nox as the only options.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Not sure I agree with that.....secure borders should be one of the paramount functions of government. Employing people inside your country should not be a ten year offense.....should not be a crime at all.

hardnox
Advisor

Spoken like a true libertarian.