cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The peace loving left.

OMG! Now that the left has stood up and let it be known they were not going to sit back and take the right's busillt lightly, now we are getting worried! All the big talk about,"taking back our government", "going to be armed and dangerous". Suddenly, doesn't sound so good does it? You people have talked smack for so long, you didn't believe the left had guts/balls enough to fight back? Think again, you want your revolution? Becareful what you wish for!!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The NFO use call for holding actions on hogs. You can only hold a hog for so long until you practical had to give them to the packers because they were too big. There were goons standing around the stock yards that would dump sand in the crank case of your truck if you left it unattended to pick up your check.

Senior Contributor

There were goons?? You **bleep** fool, they were your neighbors and friends, maybe even your relatives, trying to save our way of life. It didn't happen in our part of the country, nothing untoward was ever mentioned or even talked about. From your discussion, I can assume you were one of those smart-a@@'es the used the holding actions to line your pockets? You were a coward then, and your still a coward.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: i agree 100%

You poor dumbass, were it not for Unions, there would be no middle class American's, and that my poor idiot, includes YOU!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

No GTO, those goons called for the holding action about a month before their hogs were ready. Then we were all suppose to hold ours so the price went up for them. We were to take $2-3 dock while they got top price. Unions were thugs then and are thugs now.

Highlighted
Advisor

Hi Dale. There are very likely noneof these 30 and 40 something silver spooners who were born or out of diapers back when holding actions were called for. I was very young and I'm 62.

It's just more handed down to them stuff of legend from old curmudgeon right wingers...along with spat upon soldiers and Reaganomics helping tgh elittle guy. 

And for sure, it's incredible how much just one statement from someone on the mildly progressive side out in the open, as Mr. hoffa made, can bring terror to these people...get Craig to dust off the CPUSA...in a heart beat. And of course, all of the old "common knowledge", "everybody knows" around the cracker barrell dung.

There is a fairly good chance that the world is going to face real economic upheaval over these next couple of weeks. I seriously doubt that the general run of the citizens of teh developed nations are going to be looking for thier governmental and instituional leaders to take them back to some mythical version of an every body had it really, really good 1950s via some magical fiat. A recommendation for that is all that has come forth from this recently energized right that has, most tragicly of all, taken over one of the 2 major political parties in our country.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes Bruce, I was also very young. I wasn't allowed to ride along to the market because there might be trouble. It was before the small buying stations such as Heinold's. This was at the Indianapolis and Cincinnati stock yards. Simply AMAZING how you leftys who were so bent out of shape at the tea party when there was no violence support Ojimmy Bin Hoffa when he calls for violence against tea party members.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The Winds Of Change

@bruce MN wrote:

Hi Dale. There are very likely noneof these 30 and 40 something silver spooners who were born or out of diapers back when holding actions were called for. I was very young and I'm 62.

It's just more handed down to them stuff of legend from old curmudgeon right wingers...along with spat upon soldiers and Reaganomics helping tgh elittle guy. 

And for sure, it's incredible how much just one statement from someone on the mildly progressive side out in the open, as Mr. hoffa made, can bring terror to these people...get Craig to dust off the CPUSA...in a heart beat. And of course, all of the old "common knowledge", "everybody knows" around the cracker barrell dung.

There is a fairly good chance that the world is going to face real economic upheaval over these next couple of weeks. I seriously doubt that the general run of the citizens of teh developed nations are going to be looking for thier governmental and instituional leaders to take them back to some mythical version of an every body had it really, really good 1950s via some magical fiat. A recommendation for that is all that has come forth from this recently energized right that has, most tragicly of all, taken over one of the 2 major political parties in our country.

They way that I am seeing it...  and keep in mind, I was born very late in 1958, Is that the folks on the left, who came of age in the 1960's distrusted government and "the establishment" to the n'th degree.   And now, since they have had their chance to mold it into their vision of "utopia" cannot live without huge government involvement in their lives.... almost to the point that it is as important as oxygen is to life.

Now, the Tea Party that distrusts large and intrusive government in everyone's business and the Left sees them as so dangerous to their existence, that they must be destroyed before they become so powerful, that their hold onto huge government goes away forever.

Just keep in mind, you can not have your control forever.  Human beings only live for so long.  Sooner, or later, the "Sixties Flower Power" group are going to wilt and fade.   Their "seed" is not always going to follow their desires.   At that Palin Rally in Indianola on Saturday, even though it rained like Cats and Dogs in the morning, the crowd was a majority of people who were a LOT younger than me..... which made me so happy that I about jumped for joy.

(Lots of them were chattering about the "cool yard art" up on the hill... and never seen anything like that before.... and how they were going to do something like that back home at their Tea Party rallies)  I just smiled.  Palin's crew on the bus must have loved it as they went to the other side of the bus and snapped pics all over the place.

I wish the weather would have been better, but hey, it's Iowa, and the weather can change faster than the winds of politics does.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: now back it up

oh so not great one how did unions create middle class america --and pleae quit your childish rants --grow up little man and act like an adult --ooops i forgot you are an obamoite

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You sir, are out of your stinking mind. It just so happens you don't know sh!t! Those goons as you so freely call them, were better people than you. You know why? Because, unlike you they cared about their farms, their farming way of life, and their neighbors. I haven't read the sacred cow, Milligan's response yet, I can only guess, but I do know what ever it is, it will only be trying to humiliate, and embarrass me, because I have called him on his lack of honesty and integrity. The same kind of people we ran into, trying to organize them into an organization, that could have a voice to insure their farm, and their way of life. They were belligerent, and obnoxious, just like you are now.