cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: now back it up

There is no one in the United States that doesn't know that! Oh! I'm sorry, you wouldn't know sh!t, because you have a mouth full of it.

Senior Contributor

Re: now back it up

Don't ask me why I've done this, but you need to be put in your place, oily. This is from Wiki.answers

How did labor unions create the middle class?

U.S. Census  Records www.ancestry.com
Search the U.S. Census Collection 1790-1930. Millions of Names.
Online Pell  Grants www.ClassesandCareers.com/PellGrant
You May Qualify for Pell Grants to Earn a Degree Online. Start  Today!

Answer:
Improve
The legal rights and better wages won by unions for the  working class in the 19th and 20th centuries raised the standard of living and  quality of life of the average person. Instead of living short brutal lives in  dangerous factories for little pay and little to no time off, millions of people  were able to enjoy things like weekends and vacations, purchase homes, and enjoy  something known as retirement.  It was the labor unions that WON these things, they were not GIVEN by government  or business. As a side note, the mostly moderate and non violent approach of the  labor movement became an alternative that thwarted the spread of Communism in  the Western world. Desperate and oppressed people turn to radical ideologies  like communism and fascism. Labor unions allowed a different  way.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_labor_unions_create_the_middle_class#ixzz1X84HvQCe

Senior Advisor

Re: The peace loving left.

No I'm not GTO. We had 3 things to sell, hogs, cattle, and eggs. Hogs was by far the biggest portion of our income. A $2-3 dollar cut made a huge difference in our income. We had bills to pay and needed the money. Those goons were not our neighbors or friends, they were goons out for their own interest, they were looking out for themselves. They were more than willing to sacrifice us for their gain. A sad, sad chapter in the history of the American farmer.

Senior Advisor

1981 Ronald Reagan fired the first shot in the war against union labor and the republicans have been waging a war against labor ever since. It's totally disgusting theway business and their right wing lackies have opposed any and everything thast would improve the lot of working folks.

You always claim that america honors work but they would rather keep labor oppressed and working for cheap. They don't want good wages and ahigher standard of living. They would rather have labor working for nothing to benefit business that does not support this government or its people. They don't want to pay taxes and neither do stockholders.  I'm talking about the tax code where we treat capital gains favorably compared to the rates that labor pays.

Senior Advisor

And you want to import cheap drugs from Canada. How is it you think you can destroy American business and think there can be good paying American jobs.

Advisor

Re: The Winds Of Change

I agree with more of your 1st pp than you'd likely think. A big mass of people who thought they represnted progress by believing iin and supporting the "proper' things and "issues" (God I hate that term). But however distanced themselves from the working and producing and personall sustainability segment of soc iety and felt that they were supporting it through their liberal concerns. Thye've been as damaging to the overall culture as the ribald, decadant corpoatist types have been. In fact have stood back in their Birkenstock shoes and in their Volvos and smug greeness and let the Gordon Geckos (fictional) and real banksters fill their pensions, many of them public, with cowshiite.

A class that isn't all that respectable, but no more implicite in the bubbles and float and thin air than are those who were recibpients of crony capitalism.

It's all been about extraction by those who were holding the dentist's calipers. My view is that the worst of society, which would be NETHER the good honest people who are falling for the bagger schpeil or the unwitting everyday person who thought they were doing the right thing is immune from the no Novacane procedure is working night and day to set up a getaway. They don't care....don't owe you or the dedicated school teacher jack s##t.  They are fixin' to run off with the bank and you and somebody you don't believe for a minute that you can relate to or have anything in common with are going to be left standing side by side, asking each other "WTF just happened?.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Yup....All the Bubbles Are Poppin'

@bruce MN wrote:

I agree with more of your 1st pp than you'd likely think. A big mass of people who thought they represented progress by believing iin and supporting the "proper' things and "issues" (God I hate that term). But however distanced themselves from the working and producing and personal sustainability segment of soc iety and felt that they were supporting it through their liberal concerns. Thye've been as damaging to the overall culture as the ribald, decadant corporatist types have been. In fact have stood back in their Birkenstock shoes and in their Volvos and smug greeness and let the Gordon Geckos (fictional) and real banksters fill their pensions, many of them public, with cowshiite.

A class that isn't all that respectable, but no more implicite in the bubbles and float and thin air than are those who were recipients of crony capitalism.

It's all been about extraction by those who were holding the dentist's calipers. My view is that the worst of society, which would be NETHER the good honest people who are falling for the bagger schpeil or the unwitting everyday person who thought they were doing the right thing is immune from the no Novacane procedure is working night and day to set up a getaway. They don't care....don't owe you or the dedicated school teacher jack s##t.  They are fixin' to run off with the bank and you and somebody you don't believe for a minute that you can relate to or have anything in common with are going to be left standing side by side, asking each other "WTF just happened?.

It is like the saying..... "In God we trust, all others pay cash, or better.... gold or have something to trade."

It is coming down to the wire, real soon.  Anyone who is depending on anyone or any...anything, other than themselves, are going to get a lesson that they will never forget.... if they survive.

Only the survivalists are prepared for what may happen.  Soil and sky are the only dependable commodities that you can depend on.   I do wonder where those scoundrels, both left and right are planning to run to.  Money is worthless if the entire world is after your hide.   Perhaps they are planning to build a base on the Moon to hide out in.

Advisor

I can just see your Grandpa "B" and bachelor Uncle 70 and Daddy 720 telling you about those NFO hobgobblin communist inspired  snipers they'd heard about down at the feed mill who were going to take pot shots at good humble Christian  pig farmers trying to deliver their lard a$$ed Farmers Hybrid mongrels to the buying station or auction barn.

Local papers used to cover every sensationalistic story that came along. Run down to yours and find us the coverage on that pile of cowshiite. Scan it and link it up for us. I'll expect that the best you'll be able to find is a robo generated Farm Bureau form letter to the editor.

I was there, nimrod. In the business. You are spewing canned , disingenuis, fabricated, drummed up old school winger Cold War John Birch garbage.

Senior Advisor

No I'm not Bruce and you know it. You, like Bin Hoffa, have nothing left but name calling.

Senior Advisor

Oh and BTW, my grandpa died before I was born. And the uncle that use to ride to the market with my dad, and my dad to market with him, is not a bachelor and has 9 kids.