cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

It was just a matter of time

LOL, you knew somebody would come up with this, likely sooner than later. I came across this while trying to find the brand of condom that he's accused of not using, or that he used and it broke.

http://condomunity.com/news/dickileaks-the-wikileaks-condom/

Dickileaks the Wikileaks Condom

Veteran Advisor

Re: The plot thins

Were you ever in the military?

Veteran Advisor

I take it you think it is OK for this guy to have done what he has.  I'm not talking about whatever sex thing he did or didn't do either.

Veteran Contributor

If he spends time in jail in Sweden then at some point he will be able to press the same charges against his cellmates, don't you think?  He is going to starting paying for what he has done, not just to this country but to many countries.   

Veteran Contributor

You can count me as being one who thinks he did do wrong and is going to start getting his due now.

Veteran Advisor

Yeah, and my time was spent in S2 and S3, and that's precisely why I think it's all a crock. Apparently one of the best minds on foreign policy, not to mention that he's also a former National Security Advisor for President Carter from 1977-1981, and he thinks so too. I know you probably know who he is, but I'll post a link to a website that he comments on with his credentials, and also a link to a PBS interview where he gives his opinion about this whole contrived mess.

Zbigniew Brzezinski

• Zbigniew Brzezinski CSIS Counselor and Trustee

http://csis.org/expert/zbigniew-brzezinski

And here's the link to his interview at PBS:

ANALYSIS    AIR DATE: Nov. 29, 2010

How Will New WikiLeaks Revelations Affect Diplomatic Candor?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/government_programs/july-dec10/weakileaks2_11-29.html

Veteran Advisor

We finally agree on something!

Veteran Advisor

So, in your time in S2 and S3 did you know any 96B types?  Were any of them lower ranks?  Anyone right out of school?  Didn't they all hit the skiff with full credentials?  They certainly did every place I ever worked.  I'm not saying it would have been easy.  Have you ever heard of the Falcon and the Snowman?  If you are gutsy enough, a lot of things can happen.

Veteran Advisor

Unless that PFC has a lot of time in grade, the time it took to gain his security clearance alone tells me it sounds pretty hokey. Heck, you had to be an E-5 or above to sign out and possess a C.E.O.I., and even though he is an intelligence analyst, it's hard to believe that he would spend his duty time reviewing diplomatic correspondence that was based upon our diplomats instead of foreign based intel.

Veteran Advisor

Well, I'm sure that things have changed in the 14 years since I retired but a TS clearance just takes a few weeks to grant unless you have lived in 15 states and a couple of different countries.  You don't know where he was stationed or what his job was.  He could certainly use a CEOI as a pfc.  Everyone in our section was trained in using and handling the thing.  Heck, it was on the MOS test! All I'm saying is that if he had the will and was in the right position he could have.  However, he isn't being questioned about diplomatic cables.  He is accused/suspected of taking the military op plans while he was in an intel shop in Iraq in 2007.