cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

The power of apple

Something doesn't seem right here to me. If apple wants to open up a phone it seems there is nothing to stop them. If apple doesn't want to open a phone it seems there is nothing to force them to do so. Seems like an awful lot of power for one corperation. My question is can apple open a phone without a search warrant?

14 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: The power of apple

For some reason the local bank will not give me the combination to their vault and won't even tell me how much is in it. I wonder if i can get government to provide that info for me?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

For some reason the local bank will not give me the combination to their vault and won't even tell me how much is in it. I wonder if i can get government to provide that info for me?

This isn't about you knowing anything. This is about the governemt knowing and who has the power to grant or deny that knowledge.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/24/apple-v-the-fbi-why-1789-all-writs-act-is-the-wron...

If apple is not breaking the law by not giving the FBI the info in this case then it should be illegal for them to give the info to them in the next case. It is not for apple to decide.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

So you are saying Democrates in charge can not be trusted and Apple should save the country?

bruce MN
Advisor

How'd the old Weavers song from the 50s go?

Which Side Are You On?

bruce MN
Advisor

Are you implying that The FBI changes their charge and mission with changes in administration?

If that were the case wouldn't the deep investigation into Sec. Clinton's emails have been called off from "upstairs"?

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Well haven't they? Drag their feet until the election is over and then if she should be elected they couldn't pursue leagal charges. It would make the country look bad.