cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: The power of apple

So then they should bring charges immediately on what they've got up til now, just to prove that they aren't being political.  How'd ya' suppose that would go?

Do you seriously believe that all of the personnel at all of the standing Federal agencies are brought in to meetings and conferences with the change of administrations and are redoctrinated and told this is how we are going to roll now?

I'll ask the neighbor girl who has worked for years under multiple administration  at the USDA office How that works when I see her in church on Sunday.

Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

How'd the old Weavers song from the 50s go?

Which Side Are You On?

I'm saying apple doesn't decide whose privacy is protected and whose isn't. Let's say some one attacked a gay pride parade and their cell phone came into the hands of the FBI. Now let's also say the FBI wants apple to open the phone. Does apple have the right to open the phone? I'm on the side of the Consitution. Apple doesn't have the right to decide who has privacy and who doesn't. If apple doesn't open this phone they have no right to open any phone. If they do they should face criminal charges and anything found on the phone can not be used in a court of law. Apple is not above the law, below the law, nor are they the law.

Advisor

Isn't Apple saying that they DON'T want to open anybody's phone?  Are you taking the FBI's side on this or what?  Seems to me that you are for and against the same thing.

Probably need to get someone to help you sort and edit incoming talking points before going forward with the regurgitation.

Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Isn't Apple saying that they DON'T want to open anybody's phone?  Are you taking the FBI's side on this or what?  Seems to me that you are for and against the same thing.

Probably need to get someone to help you sort and edit incoming talking points before going forward with the regurgitation.

Read it again. Maybe you will comprehend it this time. Apple says it doesn't want to open the phone. Good. I'm fine with that. But what about the next time? Does apple get to decide? Is it legal or is it illegal for apple to open the phone? Does apple decide or does the court decide? Apple says it doesn't want to give the FBI the ability to open the phone. Apple isn't saying they don't want to open a phone as they see fit.

I'm saying apple doesn't decide whose privacy is protected and whose isn't. Let's say some one attacked a gay pride parade and their cell phone came into the hands of the FBI. Now let's also say the FBI wants apple to open the phone. Does apple have the right to open the phone? I'm on the side of the Constitution. Apple doesn't have the right to decide who has privacy and who doesn't. If apple doesn't open this phone they have no right to open any phone. If they do they should face criminal charges and anything found on the phone can not be used in a court of law. Apple is not above the law, below the law, nor are they the law.

Senior Contributor

Here is the cause of poor judgement.

Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'