cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: The president is awful

No, in fact, I can't say that about very many, at all.

Ben Nelson used to be that way, but I think he's been in Washington too long and is becoming more politician than Statesman, and I have respect for Joe Lieberman, for standing up for what he thinks is right, regardless of which party it comes from.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

This President's term has been a classic example of what can happen, when one party's goal is to not allow him any chance to do what he'd promised. The intention, to make him a one term President, has mannaged to cripple the economy, the unemployment, and cause great hardship on the people they were supposed to support. Oh, my mistake, they did, they helped their wealthy donators, and let the rest, suffer! Great bunch of people, those Republicans, compassionate conservatives?? Bullshiit! 

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035...

bruce MN
Advisor

No real idea Jim of what you are saying that anybody has denied but I presume it has to do with your attempts to assert that anybody has said that opposition to or disapproval of the President has to be soley out of racism.  That is hooey.  You try to define other's motives and logic all the time and fail miserably at it.  Try honesty for a change.  It can be liberating.

Now for the  question, there ARE INDEED millions of unashamed, out in the open deeply racist white americans, and they are not pleased at all with their fellow Americans having elected a "colored" man to the post that George Washington and Ronnald Reagan held.  Millions of them.  While race may not enter into the opinion of a majority of those who would support someone else, I don't recall having seen too many of them chastise the others.

Tehre are all sorts of reasons to not be happy with the current administration.  You don't need to be a racist to oppose it.  You are ridiculous implying that anyone would say that it's all racism. 

bruce MN
Advisor

You are lying through your teeth.

BTW, did anybody from your encampment fly over for the services?:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48876172/ns/world_news-europe

r3020
Senior Advisor

Still no idea what you are talking about.

Truth is not progressive, it is constant.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, ??????

If there is a thinly veiled message that everyone understands, we all sure seem to be pretty much in the dark about what it actually is.

You seem to be saying that it is not racism on one hand, but then saying it is on the other.

What exactly are you talking about?

The same people that post here and do not think much of the current president, based on his ability and resume also applaud Condi Rice, who most can tell is an exceptional, intelligent lady that probably would be on this years Republican ticket if she had not backed the wrong horse for eight years.

THis must another one of those instances where the liberal brain has to shut down to preserve some congruence in how it processes information.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

He managed to get healthcare legislation passed, without a single vote of the opposing party.

He had control of all the executive, and legislative branches of the government.

If he could pass that, he could have passed other things, but IMO, he put all his effort into one thing, and didn't do much about the rest.  FWIW, that one thing, has put into motion, events that are going to shift everything else, into the direction he wanted it to go.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

You left out the part about being $5 trillion dollars more in debt thanks to the current crop of politicians you like so much.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

He!!, cotman, Ryan voted for to add $6.8 Trillion dollars to the deficit, and you want complain about the President?? Are you that big of a sucker?

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Wow I did not realize that Ryan ran all of the house if represenatives and the house of congress.....how does that happen GTO? Wouldn't the other 434 members be a little upset that Ryan was casting their votes also?