cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

The presidents make believe policy.

"The president’s argument can be summarized: Those who think I’m weak want war. If you accept the premise, Obama is beyond criticism. This approach is also a rhetorical distraction from other, more positive but failed foreign policy enterprises. Obama, for understandable reasons, does not want to talk about the “new beginning” in the Middle East, or the “reset” with Russia, or the “pivot” to Asia (as China exposes its emptiness).

The West Point argument, in a narrow political way, works for the president. It also exposes the unctuousness of some of the Obama’s foreign policy supporters. A doctrine of risk aversion can be justified only by minimizing the seriousness of global challenges and miniaturizing the role of presidential leadership. Was serial risk-aversion effective in the Syrian crisis? Will it effectively deter Russian adventurism? Will it be sufficient in dealing with the rise of China?

And this is the Obama Doctrine’s most serious problem: Its vapidity is evident to leaders around the world, who are even less inclined to trust or fear the United States when determining their own actions. Which is where the doctrine hits the fan."

Source, the right wing (sarcasm) paper The Washington Post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The presidents make believe policy.

Clinton made a farce out of the American Presidency, the only redeeming quality that Bush Jr had was that he wasn't Bill Clinton, and the Zero is ...well....a zero. Actually if you want to do the math, he is a negative integer. The sooner Bama is working on his presidential library, the better.

Veteran Advisor

Bama isn't even fit to push the floor sweeper or swab the urinals at his "library".
Senior Contributor

OT, but Have you noticed any of those neato little drones w/ cameras flying over your compound ?

Senior Advisor

Re: According to president McCain

we would have american troops slogging all over the middle east. There never was a war he didn't like. On the other hand those that want america to remain in afghanitan are the same draft dodgers that avoided vietnam.

It's easy to favor war if it makes you all macho to send other peoples kids into harms way and then you object to a tax increase to pay for your folley. Wars are not free and the cost in money s farless than the cost in people and their future lives.

Whenyou criticize bush for releasing 500 gitmo residents then I may thnk you got a good message. Until then I will conclude that you just hate the kneegrow.

Veteran Advisor

How did you avoid the war?
Contributor

I would guess Krafty got married to escape the draft. Anyone else care to take a guess? He never should have used that El Cheepo condom he got in Mexico.