cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The "stay at home" hoax

Minnysoda and Whiskyconsin have `shelter in place` I`ve traveled in both states in the last few days, you can`t tell the difference between them and Iowa.  People in both restrictive states have plenty of people in Walmart buying toilet paper.  i mean they let you get food, if a cop stops you tell him "I`m going grocery shopping" ...that`s all the stay at home order amounts to. 

I was a little concerned the border nazis would want to "see papers" but they don`t have the police force to do that Smiley Happy just on the news people are speeding more now, I suppose because cops are scared to pull over a Covid infected driver. 

The stay at home scam is a way governors can be eligible for more federal goodies for their state, because other than that there isn`t  a wits difference in a progressive state like Minnesota and a troglodyte state like Iowa.  

People "stay at home" because the movie theaters and bars are closed and even if they were open people would still be afraid to go into them.  I mean some are blowing a head gasket because President Trump wants to "open the economy too soon" ..yeah, maybe they can open the economy, but will they come?   The toilet paper shoppers at Walmart got their little masks on and their eyes are big as saucers as they "social distance" their 50 feet between them and everybody else.   It appears any "non-essential business" that comes back on line would suffer from lack of sufficient customers, plus what would the civil damages be for a employer to his employees and customers if someone got sick?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The "stay at home" hoax

Soooo

Dr. BA says the stay at home is

A hoax.....

You can say that, despite all the

Evidence that says otherwise.

Saying something as just down

Right crazy (taking lessons from

Tweetu)....i can say anything, its

Ok.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

not what I'm seeing.

we have a regular run from around Madison WI to Altoona PA. Before, the driver would be about a half hour short of making it in his 11 hour driving HOS.  Now he can make it with about 10 minutes to spare.Rockford, Chicago, Cleveland,Pittsburgh.... he says they are like ghost towns compared to before.  The Metro areas of WI ,IL ,MN , IN, MI , OH , MD , NJ , etal are nothing like they were as far as traffic volume.  Drivers are loving it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ba......find any cafes or  "watering holes " open??  Grocery stores , hardware are open...fuel stations ....drug stores also but nothing else that I know of.

I do know some who just get out and ride around to break the day up .

John

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cannonball-coast-coast-drive-record-set-amid-virus-shutdown-n11...

Cannonball Run in under 27 hrs.

BTW, does anybody remember the original Taurus SHO that had the 32 valve Lincoln V-8, stiffened suspension, 4 speed etc.? It was like a 70s muscle car in sheep's clothing.

A crazy guy I know got one from a rental company on a 7 day unlimited mileage deal. Brought it back with 5000+ miles on it.

I asked him how that was and he said, "cannonball run, baby." 

Actually I think he just took his girlfriend to Las Vegas but said he had the needle buried somewhere out in the desert.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Part of why I abandoned my search to find a used one.

Fair to assume that most weren't "driven easy."

Highlighted
Advisor

B-in-Law says there are lots of scenes of 2 pickup trucks parked across from each other on gravel roads. Good way to distance and still keep up on things.

Highlighted
Advisor

Nothing quite like a family sedan with a ridiculous performance  power train.

Daughter had a 2.8  Celebrity that her Mom was almost afraid to drive.

Our previous vehicle was a blown VW Passat. There is a 3 mile stretch of asphalt a few miles S of our old place that is a mild bowl from end to end (old shallow lake bed...now efficiently drained...from what the USGS original surveys show) and you could essentially see from end to end. Was originally hard surfaced when I was in High School and soon came to be referred to as The Salt Flats. Good way to find out what you had for a “top end”.

Took the “People’s Car”....quirky nephew called it “your Hitlermobile”... out there just because I had to.  Dang.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

MiL had one of those.

Fortunately she was not injured much but she was driving in town with the windows down when the dog jumped out the window on leash. Her foot landed on the gas and it shot like a rocket into a telephone pole.

Enough to total it. 2 airbags get you about a quarter of the way there.

Dog survived as well.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

See where there’s some disquiet over a hot spot flaring up in Grand Island NE area.

This is all far from over, particularly in rural, non shut down places.