cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

The racism strategy

only makes political sense if you believe that white women will be somewhat susceptible to the message.

There aren't a lot of additional white men left to be energized, but Trump can't win with a 50/50 split with white women.

50% on either side is a lot of people so you can say anything you'd like anecdotally.

But I'll advance the observation that racial fear and hostility "on both sides"  is, foremost, a male thing.

But, I don't know. Might be able to convince those suburban women that Willie Horton is coming for them and their kids.

7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: The racism strategy

I suppose that back in The Good Old Days there were some women who'd set up a nice threshing crew dinner for the lynch mob after they'd done  their business.

But still mostly men doing the heavy lifting.

Senior Contributor

Have any sturdy trees in your yard?

Senior Contributor

According to Ag.com corporate rules, you can't be literal in suggesting that idiots are idiots.

But you can threaten violence.

Senior Contributor

I do say DD,  it is time for all to just ignore daddy Chubs and look at him as the demented old man screaming at clouds that he is.

ignore , don't take the bait.  By responding to him he gets oxygen. Let him rant and hoot and holler.

other than his cult of followers , it is a given that the rest do not prescribe to his racist screeds. Let him keep on , let him remind all what he and his truly are. 

Last week I volunteered at a large Ag event here in WI.  Three day event , saw four redhats the whole time , and much disparaging talk of daddy Chubs. While he had more supporters attending ( a few confederate flags on trucks in parking lots) , they were trying to fly under the radar.  I saw one of the redhaters take it off and put it in the bag he was carrying.

Senior Contributor

That's important.

Even though approval polling by state has Trump deeply underwater, most "experts" think it is still the one key state where the racial demographics give Trump a chance of recovering ground- at least more so than MI and PA.

Don't see a single state that Clinton carried in '16 as likely to flip, so it comes down to the same map.

Senior Contributor

@RJG640v8 wrote:

I do say DD,  it is time for all to just ignore daddy Chubs and look at him as the demented old man screaming at clouds that he is.

ignore , don't take the bait.  By responding to him he gets oxygen. Let him rant and hoot and holler.

other than his cult of followers , it is a given that the rest do not prescribe to his racist screeds. Let him keep on , let him remind all what he and his truly are. 

Last week I volunteered at a large Ag event here in WI.  Three day event , saw four redhats the whole time , and much disparaging talk of daddy Chubs. While he had more supporters attending ( a few confederate flags on trucks in parking lots) , they were trying to fly under the radar.  I saw one of the redhaters take it off and put it in the bag he was carrying.

I proudly have my first edition Trump sticker on the back window of my pickup truck. I get honks on the Interstate and a "thumbs up " , all the time. 

I got flipped off once, by some kid driving his Mommy's Mercedes. 😂 

Senior Advisor

It's not Trump who is using a racism strategy, it is the squad. It's going to work about as well as the war on women.