cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The stats

Even if the rate of acceleration of total cases slows, the death rate is sadly a whole different matter.

Deaths to cases ratio for the US is now creeping toward 2 pct and will inevitably go higher.

12 Replies
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: The stats

Your chances of being killed by a tornado today is much higher. 
You had better get on the stick to fan the flames to blame Trump for any tornadoes, as well. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

It is the height of folly to try to spin this thing while it is still in the second or third inning.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Look Holloway, we know you are cheerleading the US death rates to go higher, so you can say "America sucks and it`s Trump`s fault!". 

I was wrong about how quickly Rona spread in this country because I thought people would take it more seriously...they didn`t and I over-estimated their doing basic common sense flu avoidance.  You take out the New York City area, New Orleans, Seattle and this country doesn`t have a problem with Rona.  Those are probably areas that should be targeted with extreme measures.  The Mardi Gras went on, it shouldn`t have, spring break went on, it shouldn`t have.  

Those areas should be contained or we will have a hell of a mess.  Other countries don`t hop on planes as much as we do and then there`s subways. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Having a horrible time trying to imagine that you are even  a tiny bit serious.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Trump is trying to keep the people of new york in new york. Rhode Island is doing the same thing.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I was wrong about how quickly Rona spread in this country because I thought people would take it more seriously...they didn't and I over-estimated their doing basic common sense flu avoidance.  You take out the New York City area,...)

Exhibit A - New York's Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The only difference between NY and the Midwest, is a two week head start there.  

Don’t be smug thinking that what is going on there, won’t happen in the lesser populated areas, especially given that the virus is contagious before you even know you have it, and it only takes a bit of exposer to contaminate yourself.   And, so many people still don’t believe it’s a problem.  I needed to go get materials for my construction project a few days ago, and the people where I was at were surprised to see me in my N95 mask and gloves.   You could see their thoughts were “Why?”

Oh - there’s a reason why.. 

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

And the people from the east coast cities dragging across the country. Wealthy new yorkers loading up their RVs and heading to Florida.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Really BA - you thought people would take it more seriously - with what you were posting on here as the virus got its foothold here?   Sorry, but you, your cronies on here, and the Trump administration share a good portion of why America didn’t, and somewhat still don’t, think this is any big deal.  

But, like Trump, you will never accept the responsibility for leading people astray - some of the infections and deaths are on your guys hands.  Like it or not - THAT  IS REALITY.

Jen