cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

The truth about the 2nd Amendment

Now, it's time for you, people to realize just how the 2nd Amendment was concieved, it's not what you precieve it to be.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-second-amendment-was-ratified-to-preserve-slavery

54 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Maybe Dr. "Bogus" should have clued you in...

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe Dr. "Bogus" should have clued you in...

NO, I think you didn't read far enough! But it's nothing less than I would expect from you. You wouldn't want it to be the truth anyway.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Ya know somethin.  I read the first comment in your link and found it to be hilarious.  The "right to guns pre-dated slavery in the south by thousands of years????"  AND my fine learned friend, Indiana DID indeed have slavery at the time of the Revolution and continued until 1820.  If you are going to try to eat your foot by not researching a little bit, you should learn to shut your mouth first.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: The truth about the 2nd Amendment

Spoiler

You talk about us using right wing news source and you bring this? Find a reliable news source then we will talk

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Maybe it is you who needs to read Dr. Bogus. I have shown it to be true, now, YOU prove it to be false!

http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/hidhist.htm

The "hidden history" of the Second Amendment is important for two reasons. First, it supports the view that the amendment does not grant individuals a right to keep and bear arms for their own purposes; rather it only protects the right to bear arms within the militia, as defined within the main body of the Constitution, under the joint control of the federal and state governments. At the time, the southern states extensively regulated their militias and prescribed their slave control responsibilities. Second, the hidden history is important because it fundamentally changes how we think about the right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment takes on an entirely different complexion when instead of being symbolized by a musket in the hands of the minutemen, it is associated with a musket in the hands of the slave holder.

johnaa
Advisor

So ignorant it's typical of dumbed down serfs

Try reading the Anti-federalist and Federalist papers written by the men who designed the Constitution, they discussed the need for guarantees need to insure our Liberty.  If you read the US Constitution you just may find the States were intended to control the military, not congress, --No Standing Army because they did not trust a centralized government, plus if there was need for defense from invasion or Indian attacks they needed a local militia for immediate responds, instead of waiting for news to travel to that centralized government before a army was sent. so your Bogus ex-spirt is as ignorant and/or dishonest as you are.

Read the Federalist and anti federalist papers and increase you knowledge of this Nation by a hundred times, but that would cut into you TV time, so read this little article, it will increase you knowledge at least ten times-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Federalism    The reason for the first ten amendments was because a majority of The People did not trust a centralized federal government and was afraid it would lead to a return to Monarchy, it would have never been ratified without them.   The reason for the 2nd amendment was to insure The People would have the means to fight such a occurrence.  The first amendment was so The People could communicate and discuss and organize. 

It's apparent you did not learn the basics of American History and American Government, like about everyone else after the Feds took control of our schools.  You can do a little reading and lose at least part of your ignorance and then you could stop being duped a little.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: The truth about the 2nd Amendment

Nooooooooooooooooooo - It can't true.  Are you saying that the great USA prospored from Slavery?  Sounds similar to East Berlin.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Wow really GTO you proved it to be true? From a progressive news source? One with an agenda? Get real.

Second, the hidden history is important because it fundamentally changes how we think about the right to keep and bear arms.

That is the only reason you want it to be true.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Other than chastizing me, on my thoughts and website, you have offered no proof to the contrary, how about it?