cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: The truth

All you have heard so far is from the prosecution. You will hear 2 more days from them. Then the defense will have to same amount of time to present their rebuttal.

Senior Contributor

Are they going to bring the documents and witnesses to make their rebuttal?

Without them history and the world will consider your dear leader guilty even if he is not convicted.

Senior Contributor

(Are they going to bring the documents and witnesses to make their rebuttal?     Without them history and the world will consider your dear leader guilty even if he is not convicted.)

I thought the 116th investigative congress' impeachment case was "rock solid" they would convict in "3 minutes flat", they had "overwhelming evidence"?  Were they lying again?

Veteran Advisor

Parading the previous witnesses into the Senate likely serves no purpose, unless something needs further clarification, if desired.  Each and all the Senators can read the transcripts from the House hearings, depositions, etc.  The point of the House members presenting their case is obviously, TO PRESENT THEIR CASE.  

Here's a brief recap of how Clinton's impeachment trial went, including how they handled witnesses --

https://thebulwark.com/12-details-from-the-clinton-impeachment-trial-that-you-should-know/

Senior Contributor

So do you think they will bring witnesses to show how wrong the house was?

If not then why not?

Senior Advisor

It's up to the house is to prove guilt not the senate to prove innocence. The house had unlimited time and resources to procure their evidence before they brought articles of impeachment to a vote. They are to present that evidence to the senate. It is not the job of the senate to produce evidence, it is the job to listen to the evidence produced by the house and then find if that evidence requires the removal of the president.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

It's up to the house is to prove guilt not the senate to prove innocence. The house had unlimited time and resources to procure their evidence before they brought articles of impeachment to a vote. They are to present that evidence to the senate. It is not the job of the senate to produce evidence, it is the job to listen to the evidence produced by the house and then find if that evidence requires the removal of the president.

Canuck  do you understand this?

Veteran Advisor

I don't really see why the Senate would call any witnesses from the House "investigations".  All they need is to quote from some of the rebuttals from cross-examinations in the House, maybe replay some of them on video.  Might still want to call in the "whistleblower" though, to clarify his meetings with Schiff and/or staff, clarify that he wasn't a first-hand witness to anything, clarify the time-line on his statement that allowed for the changes in the document to circumvent the previous process, and identify his sources of information.

Senior Contributor

@elcheapo wrote:

Last night 12 requests for additional information was

Asked for....it was rejected.

Im reminded of the saying

"The truth will set you free"

Why such an effort to block

And surpress evidence.

The objective is the truth...

But, blocking sopenia...

It is not, about this play or

That play....it is the truth.

Politics has got in the road of

What is best for the country and

The truth.

What subpoena Cheapo?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/10/07/house-sends-more-carefully-worded-impeachment-demand-letters-not-subpoenas-omb-and-pentagon/

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/15/house-democratic-leaders-impeachment-vote-047136

Nancy hoodwinked you and you fell for it.  Don't worry, Bruce did as well.  I made a statement about the vote quite some time back and he answered in a smart ***** way, so I let him believe he was correct knowing it would blow up later.  Well, it's later.  Lolol. 

When they altered the impeachment process they took away their own power to subpoena.  So cry all you want, but Nancy screwed with your mind from the start.

Senior Contributor

Yes i understand but why has your dear leader kept so many witnesses and documents hidden by refusing to turn over and allow those people to testify?

Those who did testify all point to bad things being done by your dear leader and his cronies so until there is evidence to counter them that is the story that will stand in history and thinking peoples minds no matter if his supporters continue to hide more evidence and rig the system so he gets off.

A quote from this article.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/washington/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-americas-foregone-conclusion...

“Completely partisan,” the minority leader accurately described the impending marathon. (Gilbert and Sullivan beat Schumer to this tack by a 130 years in HMS Pinafore: “I always voted at my party’s call, and I never thought of thinking for myself at all,” they gibed of a loyal MP. Nothing has changed.)