cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The warming Arctic

Thought this would be interesting to everyone here.

Be sure to watch the one minute clip of ice in the Arctic for the past few years.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/arctic-temperature-highest-on-record-19820?utm_content=bufferb496...

The region continues to be one of the fastest warming on the planet. From October 2014 to September 2015, it had the warmest average temperature on record going back to 1900, as the planet heads toward its warmest year on record. That accelerated warming has repercussions in the form of downward-spiraling sea ice coverage, melting of the massive Greenland Ice Sheet, and reduced summer snow cover.

59 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The warming Arctic

After watching the one minute clip, how can those that deny continue to deny, unless they resort to just LIE ?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

So?

First of all figurers lie, so doctored data should be taken with a grain of salt. But if there is climate change, so what?  The climate has always changed and it has always been for the best.  10,000 years ago right here where i`m at, I`d be under a 1 mile sheet of ice, that having melted, I see as neither "man made" nor a bad thing.

It`s amazing what scares you liberals...what do you open your door and see your shadow slam the door and run screaming and pull the covers over your heads?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: So?

Even a 4 year old who has yet to be indoctrinated by right wing spew can see how the masssive amount of ice lost in that SHORT of time frame will cause him / her to say  " oh oh  " Smiley Embarassed

Why do you hate polar bears??  They NEED the ice for survival.

Your mile sheet of ice story is fine, except you don't account for the TIME frame of the build up and melting.

WE have just had the WARMEST fall on record, KRIST man, the grass is STILL green.

WE also broke records of RAINFALL in December. ( 4.358 inches here last week )

Don't confuse fear with appropriate concern.

Highlighted
Advisor

There are polar bears at the cincinnati zoo. They don't die in july and there isn't any ice.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

BOO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I have been so waiting for a liberal to throw up this EL NINO warm winter, so I can throw right back at them what they would say the last number of winters when we frooze out @$$es off "Eooow, I think you`re confusing weather with climate" and that`s what you`re doing, this is a el nino driven weather NOT climate.

I like polar bears and I like dinosaurs both dangerous as hell and I would be on their menu.  But the climate changed and dinos and wooly mammoths died and now maybe polar bears will die.  Probably not "evil" man will pick them up with a helicopter and stick them in a air conditioned zoo.

Don`t worry so much AgJudge, you`re too young of a man to worry this much about 90% of things that never happen. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The warming Arctic

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Thought this would be interesting to everyone here.

Be sure to watch the one minute clip of ice in the Arctic for the past few years.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/arctic-temperature-highest-on-record-19820?utm_content=bufferb496...

The region continues to be one of the fastest warming on the planet. From October 2014 to September 2015, it had the warmest average temperature on record going back to 1900, as the planet heads toward its warmest year on record. That accelerated warming has repercussions in the form of downward-spiraling sea ice coverage, melting of the massive Greenland Ice Sheet, and reduced summer snow cover.

Can't be true. The ice has be gone since 2013.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

LOL ! Republican LOGICS  !!!!  Smiley Very Happy  Always good for lots of LOLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

How do you suppose the zoo bears acquire their food vs their wild counterparts ????

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ahead of your time

I suspect BA, that you have hit on the future right wing mantra when you said "so." I also suspect that even if it is undeniably proven to everyone, even right wingers, that the climate is being changed by man, the attitude will be much like you expressed, "so." 

Climatologist probably have rainfall and temperature models based on global temperature averages. It would be interesting to see how the deniers like the changes once they can no longer deny there is change.

One of the ironies of all this is that farmers will likely be the first business to suffer great losses. Hopefully we won't become like the Anasazi and wither into nothingness for the lack of being able to grow enough crops to sustain our population. It will be raining somewhere and I suppose someone will farm there. I hope they can feed the world.