cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: So?

Well help this C student out here, is 'climate change" causing "el nino"?

Veteran Advisor

Re: Ahead of your time

@KNAPPer wrote:

I suspect BA, that you have hit on the future right wing mantra when you said "so." I also suspect that even if it is undeniably proven to everyone, even right wingers, that the climate is being changed by man, the attitude will be much like you expressed, "so." 

Climatologist probably have rainfall and temperature models based on global temperature averages. It would be interesting to see how the deniers like the changes once they can no longer deny there is change.

One of the ironies of all this is that farmers will likely be the first business to suffer great losses. Hopefully we won't become like the Anasazi and wither into nothingness for the lack of being able to grow enough crops to sustain our population. It will be raining somewhere and I suppose someone will farm there. I hope they can feed the world.

Heck, we will grow crops in the winter time, instead. Besides, isn't it your team that says we need to purge the world of its excess population?

Veteran Advisor

You are making fun of someone for being scared of something????  You who feels like you should be able to keep a tank and/or cruise missiles to protect your family when the govt comes to take them to some unknown labor camp or to stop the crazed brown mob from cutting off their heads????  SMHRME!

Senior Advisor

Re: The warming Arctic

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Thought this would be interesting to everyone here.

Be sure to watch the one minute clip of ice in the Arctic for the past few years.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/arctic-temperature-highest-on-record-19820?utm_content=bufferb496...

The region continues to be one of the fastest warming on the planet. From October 2014 to September 2015, it had the warmest average temperature on record going back to 1900, as the planet heads toward its warmest year on record. That accelerated warming has repercussions in the form of downward-spiraling sea ice coverage, melting of the massive Greenland Ice Sheet, and reduced summer snow cover.

Fantastic! Ice free Northwest Passage to the rest of the civilized world, Canadian sea ports, and longer growing seasons! 

Did you know that the North American tectonic plate is moving to the southwest and will put us in the sub tropics in less than 300,000 years? Did you know that all species will learn to adapt to the changes?

Don't get too excited Craig, not happening as fast as we are lead to believe by the thumpers.

snip-

The rate of ice growth for the first half of November 2015 was quite rapid, but the pace of ice growth slowed during the second half of the month, only to increase again at the end of the month. Throughout the month, sea ice extent remained within two standard deviations of the 1981 to 2010 average.

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Veteran Advisor

How do you know what they are?

Bottom line--I sincerely hope and pray that you righties are correct!  I really do hope that the change we are going through is not being accelerated by man's activities and that it doesn't become any more severe than it is right now.  BUT what are your plans IF you are WRONG?

Advisor

Last vestige?

Confession would be pre-conceived ascInquisition level excruciating.

Senior Contributor

My goal is not and never has been to scare you. I would hope you are concerned however.

I see our world as a fine-tuned "machine," created over billions of years, and of those billions, our time on this planet has been just a spark; a wisp in time but yet in that short time, we are causing great changes. I just don't want to see us senselessly sit by in a era of petroleum culture that obviously harms our planet when we could be developing and using new sources of energy that are clean and sustainable for as long as possible.

As I have always said, right wingers and deniers will never be concerned until a time when multi billion dollar assets and lifestyles in general become adversely affected and they actually turn and blame it on man made climate change. It's as simple as that. It is nothing to be scared of, but concern, yes.

Veteran Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

My goal is not and never has been to scare you. I would hope you are concerned however.

I see our world as a fine-tuned "machine," created over billions of years, and of those billions, our time on this planet has been just a spark; a wisp in time but yet in that short time, we are causing great changes. I just don't want to see us senselessly sit by in a era of petroleum culture that obviously harms our planet when we could be developing and using new sources of energy that are clean and sustainable for as long as possible.

As I have always said, right wingers and deniers will never be concerned until a time when multi billion dollar assets and lifestyles in general become adversely affected and they actually turn and blame it on man made climate change. It's as simple as that. It is nothing to be scared of, but concern, yes.

Carbon sources, whether used in human activity or not, is being pulled down into the Earth's mantle, super heated, and then released into the atmosphere by erupting volcano activity. This will happen, even if your al-gore pickpocket shyster folks steal our money for their own gain. 

http://pnsn.org/outreach/about-earthquakes/plate-tectonics

Veteran Advisor

Move the Bears to the South Pole. Better yet, watch the bears adapt and evolve. 

Heck, the Canada geese stay right here in Iowa year around, and they are doing real fine.