Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: So?

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My guess is no, however it is taking to levels where it wouldn't otherwise be.

I do not understand the mental hoops you put yourself through in order to deny the obvious. I know you are not totally stupid, so that only leaves your extreme denial to be caused by an agenda.

It is shocking to me that I STILL haven't had to plug in the stock tanks.

I know you think it wlll be awesome to plant corn on Jan 26th, but don't you think somewhere in your evolution created brain that

just maybe " things just aint right " ???

As earth warms, the atmosphere will hold more water so when it does rain it rains A LOT. As seen here and world wide in recent years. We are looking at nearly double the average for the entire year, here.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The warming Arctic

" The North American Plate has a transform boundary with the Pacific Plate, dividing California at the San Andreas Fault. Here, the Pacific Plate moves northwest with respect to the North American Plate. "

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

@I have been so waiting for a liberal to throw up this EL NINO warm winter, so I can throw right back at them what they would say the last number of winters when we frooze out @$$es off "Eooow, I think you`re confusing weather with climate" and that`s what you`re doing, this is a el nino driven weather NOT climate.

I like polar bears and I like dinosaurs both dangerous as hell and I would be on their menu.  But the climate changed and dinos and wooly mammoths died and now maybe polar bears will die.  Probably not "evil" man will pick them up with a helicopter and stick them in a air conditioned zoo.

Don`t worry so much AgJudge, you`re too young of a man to worry this much about 90% of things that never happen. 

Speaking of El Nino,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/lake-poopo-bolivia-dries-up-1.3371359

More frequent El Nino events

The El Nino phenomenon, a warm patch in the Pacific Ocean that can lead to heavy rainfall in some parts of the world and droughts in others, used to happen once every 10 years, Perez said.

Lake Poopo Bolivia all dried up Dec 17 2015
For their part, members of local communities like Untavi historically made their living off fishing and other activities dependent on the body of water. (Davi Mercado/Reuters)

"So you have it one year and then another, and the Lake Poopo had eight years of normal climate behaviour with regards to precipitation and temperature so maintained its normal status as it has always been."

Now, because of global warming, it happens every three years, he said.

"So, one year of El Nino, one year La Nina, and in the best of cases one normal year. One year is not sufficient for the lake to recover. And it's only going to get worse."

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

NewAgJudge wrote:

How do you suppose the zoo bears acquire their food vs their wild counterparts ????

How do you suppose that humans acquire their food vs their Neanderthal counterparts?  

Let's move the Bears to the land of Chicago Bears, .... Lotsa food there for them! Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

pats.jpg

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Well help this C student out here, is 'climate change" causing "el nino"?

The jury is still out on that BA but

http://www.onthesnow.ca/news/a/8453/how-does-el-nino-affect-climate-change-

Some climatologists suggest it is logical to believe that the recorded warming of the atmosphere will have an impact on the frequency, duration, and severity of El Nino and La Nina events. As the atmosphere warms, heat would be transferred to the oceans, with the potential for increased extremes between cold and warm periods.

They also agree that the jury is still out on whether this likely scenario will occur, or is occurring, and what shape it will take.

"El Nino has a significant influence on global weather, ocean conditions and marine fisheries. El Niño, the periodic warming of central and eastern tropical Pacific waters, occurs on average every two to five years and typically lasts about 12 months," according to NOAA scientists.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The warming Arctic

@NewAgJudge wrote:

" The North American Plate has a transform boundary with the Pacific Plate, dividing California at the San Andreas Fault. Here, the Pacific Plate moves northwest with respect to the North American Plate. "

You are a little slow. The Pacific Plate is moving northwest and under the North American plate, which is moving SOUTHWEST , over the Pacific Plate. Read the links again before posting silly replies on here. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

It sucks to lose, doesn't it!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Most carbon releases into the atmosphere is delivered by volcanic activity. Let's tax the volcanoes at 100% of their income!