cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

The why of the fake news

To rally their soldiers to violence. You see the results as Nox now wants to pack the courts to deem anything done by the left as Constitutional. Disarm the population. Full voting rights for ILLEGAL aliens.

The hallmark of propaganda is that outright lies are more useful than the truth. The New York Times’ vile lies about Justice Brett Kavanaugh were so flimsy, they couldn’t last the day.

Yet even after the Times’ correction (which amounted to a retraction), Democrats kept shooting the fake ammunition. That’s because their target isn’t actual investigations or impeachment proceedings. The lie itself is the goal. Once out, even if retracted, it serves their purpose: to smear and intimidate. Truth need not apply.

The more outrageous, ugly, and frightening the propaganda, the more powerful it is. That’s all that is necessary for success. The lie doesn’t even have to be plausible. It just has to meet the base desires of the targeted audience.

Democrats want to believe President Trump supports neo-Nazis, and that Justice Kavanaugh is a sexual predator, so that political norms of two-party rule need not be followed.

Democratic Party voters today want to believe that the admirable and upright Justice Brent Kavanaugh is a moral monster, because of the coming showdown on abortion.

Classic propaganda reverses black and white, truth and falsehood. Abortion must be presented as the moral high ground, and pro-life as a moral cesspit.

Propaganda is crude and ugly because it is not meant to convince the opposition. It is purely for motivating one’s own side to unjust, even horrific, deeds, such as destroying a fine man with false sexual accusations.

The New York Times, once again, is leading the political charge to bring down the political enemies of the Left, just as they did with the Russian collusion hoax attempted coup against President Trump.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/09/19/the-propaganda-of-the-left-is-a-weapon-of-war/

24 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: The why of the fake news

I can’t see “Come on! You’ve picked on this fine man long enough!” being an effective campaign slogan aimed at attracting the undecided.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yes, leveling the court would wipe out an achievement that required $billions and the pollution of millions of impressionable minds.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I hope 3020, that the dem candidate vocally runs on noxs platform.    Great turn out for both sides. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

What i`ve noticed when Trump was campaigning and early in his first year, the Left tried to sway public opinion about "Enforcing borders isn`t who we are!  ...standing up to unfair trade and globalism isn`t who we are!" .   The Left has all but given up on the "--------- isn`t who we are" arguments and instead are relying on nightly Stephen Colbert poor imitations of the president to sway public opinion. 

It has come down to globalism vs national sovereignty ...in short do you want those ELECTED officials in your  county courthouse telling you what to do and then asking for your vote in less than 4 years?  oooor do you want some appointed bureaucrats in Brussels, Belgium telling you what you HAVE to do?    You Democrats seem perfectly alright with rolling the dice with Brussels telling you what you have to do, in exchange for free beads & trinkets.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yep, have 'er out.

And get the ultimate victor set for the reality that there can be no compromise.

I'd say that Roe is probably a bigger winner in the SCOTUS stakes than AKs are.

Big turnout means big D win.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Abortion views have evolved, this might be a "just know" on my part but what I`ve observed is the biggest abortion supporters are the 70 year old, former bra burners, Gloria Steinham women.   Their granddaughters aren`t as violently pro-abortion as the bra burning grannies.  About 8 yrs ago we went to a Chelsea Handler show and she had pro abortion "jokes" and they all bombed with the of course liberal Minneapolis audience. 

And the Seinfeld show, early episodes mentioned abortion, especially Elaine being pro abortion, but in later years the hot potato was dropped...that`s how they remained on the air that long. 

What i see is if you allow abortion in case of mother`s life, rape or incest as a politician you will gather the most votes.  If you want partial birth abortion or on the other side no abortion is any case, you don`t win the public over. 

As far as AK-47`s if you are the type that wants free health insurance and college, you probably aren`t going to have AK-47 ownership one way or the other in your litmus test, you are just casting the ballot for free stuff. 

To some of us though, we will vote 2nd amendment regardless of the other stance on issues.   It just so happens those that support gun rights are also border hawks and taxpayer rights aware. 

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Yep, have 'er out.

And get the ultimate victor set for the reality that there can be no compromise.

I'd say that Roe is probably a bigger winner in the SCOTUS stakes than AKs are.

Big turnout means big D win.

It'll have to be a permanent win.  

r3020
Senior Advisor

That's the need for the propaganda. Continuous lies in an attempt to sway public opinion. Above all you have to hide the truth.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Sure. Like those brave 2% of climate scientists.

Who all just happen to have a connection to The Blob.