cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The wisdom of the gun nuts

Not as many people die because of guns as people that are killed in autombiles and falling off ladders. Brilliant observation.

The difference being that people are not intentionally murdered with automobiles and ladders. While I might runover you with my car or tip your ladder over, there are very few that intentionally murder folks that way. Guns are simply the weapon of choce for murderers and there is no getting around that.

It is truely amazing what ludicrous comparisons the gun nuts will use. Stupidity bordering on insanity. And we let those dudes have guns!

80 Replies
johnaa
Advisor

The illogic of the anti gun nuts- 'don't confuse us with evidence'.

Your flock ignores facts in order to parrot your party line.  30 round clips, squawk, bleat, only made for killing, squawk bleat, and on and on, the same phrases repeated over and over, sound and furry signifying nothing.

Perhaps you didn't read the study by the criminologists, maybe you stopped reading when you understood it give evidence your theories are bunk?  I don't know, all that can be said for certain is you have not offered a argument or evidence the study is not valid.

No matter how many times phrases are parroted it doesn't make them real.

Did the so-called assault weapon ban reduce violence?     Real world examples, not ?  

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: The wisdom of the gun nuts

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/basicfax3.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_gun_deaths_are_in_the_US_every_year&altQ=How_many_people_are_kill...

Smoking kills almost 500,00 people in the US alone. 18% percent of all deaths. Which is more of a problem. 

Who are the gun nuts anyway?                                      

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Deranged, is a well worn word they love to throw out, too, Don. I'm thinking, anyone who believes they need an assault rifle, are themselves, "deranged". All this hand wringing, about the government taking over our lives is ludicrous, all they are doing is breeding another batch of nit-wits, who don't know any better than to think they need to be, "ARMED AND DANGEROUS"! Such foolishness, if you want to be, "ARMED AND DANGEROUS", join the fcuking army!!

This morning we heard from Mr. Lapierre, he wants to arm the whole fcuking world! The NRA, is nothing more than an add campaign for the gun manufactures. His answer, armed guards in all the schools. Ask the people of Columbine, how that worked out!? He ran out the back door, yelling he was, "going to get help"! Are you sh!ttin' me! All the Rambo talk, here and elsewhere is just hot air! No one can have any idea, when they come face to face with a gun pointed at them, NOT EVEN THE GREAT, CRAIGO, CAN SAY, FOR SURE, HE'S NOT GOING TO WET HIS PANTS!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Apparently, people like you who parrot the same tired old lines.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

John john john

I am not parroting anyone. It is my own darn opinion  as a product of the wholesale violence of killing 27 innocents this past week and the dozens of other events occuring from time to time. I don't need any one elses opinion to develop mine. And i am damned sick and tired of the pitiful excuses you folks use to designed to make certain that there is nothing positive that comes of this.

The solution apparently to continue as we are or spending millions to protect people simply because you nuts get an erection from owning a macho gun.

I have concluded it's not enought to pass laws. Time to confiscate assault weapons and prevent some of the carnage.

Apologies if I'm disrespectful. I actually do respect you.

johnaa
Advisor

The lack of anti-gun nuts and those who excuse murder of children by drones

Please show that gun prohibition reduced violence.  If you are afraid to read the study, and deal with reality then I imagine you would drop your gun and run away being afraid of taking the responsibility of protecting your family, because that is what you are projecting other people would do.  

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: The lack of anti-gun nuts and those who excuse murder of children by drones

You obviously, haven't been reading my posts, john. I am not about removing all of the guns, just the assault weapons, and the devises to make them massive killing machines. Assault weapons have not practical use, but to kill people, get rid of them.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: The lack of anti-gun nuts and those who excuse murder of children by drones

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

You obviously, haven't been reading my posts, john. I am not about removing all of the guns, just the assault weapons, and the devises to make them massive killing machines. Assault weapons have not practical use, but to kill people, get rid of them.

If some one is attacking my home and family with a 22 single shot I want to be able to respond with a 30 round clip .223 semiautomatic rifle. It is about self defense.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

We don't need to get rid of guns. Just make it mandatory to have back ground checks. Very good back ground checks. That way nobody who is a felon can get a gun. Why punish law abiding people their freedom?