cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: While it may be difficult to prove that reducing gun ownership

Yes Kraft, lets ban guns like Chicago did. They have proven that less guns causes less gun violence. Or NY same thing ban guns and no crime. You are safer to walk in Iraq than Chicago. 240 kids and young adults killed last year in Chicago alone. I am sure if you ask all the gangs in the US pretty please they will turn in all of their guns. BTW Norinco was banned from selling guns in the US when they were caught shipping automatic weapons to the gangs in LA. You won't stop those who want the guns bad enough, some body in the world will sell them one... so lets take guns from those who aren't committing crimes. Emotional knee jerk reaction.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

We have to forgive the liberals. That is what they run on, emotion. It makes them feel good about themselves.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Talk about a smell test.

You are relying on Wiki and you say the sources identified in this article don't "smell" right!!!! LOL!!!! Have you ever been a Wiki supporter before?

You may not have read the article. It basically backs your claims almost entirely but leaves room that the results may not be 100% "casual" that more guns equal more safety. They say it certainly appears that way and statistics bear that out, guns are up, crime is down. They say so. I am pretty sure you didn't read it...must not have.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

I have noticed that most of the liberal argument is emotion based. Even the way they try to use words to make things seem evil. Also they seem to always grab the lowest hanging fruit to attack, and do not want to really tackle the issues.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

If I thought gun control would without a doubt reduce gun crime, I would be the first to turn in any gun that I own that is on a list.  I am a father of 3 and just started with grandchildren (2).  I coached jr. high and high school sports for 15 years.  Prior to that, I coached 5-12 year olds in little league baseball.  My entire adult life has been dedicated to my own kids and those of others.  The thing last Friday made me sick.  My son was graduating from college last Friday and his graduation will forever be tainted by that event.  Mass killers will use whatever they have.  Tim McVeigh used ammonium nitrate and diesel.  Muslim lunatics use bombs strapped to themselves or cars loaded with explosives to do their business.  In my mind this is a problem related to our decaying society.  It has nothing to do with easy access to guns.  My friends and I used to have guns in our vehicles at school back in the 70's.  Probably most of your friends did too in your day.  When I or my friends got in trouble, the thought never crossed our minds to run to our trucks, get a gun and come back and shoot the principal or coach who just whipped out butts or the other kid who bullied us.   I wonder what changed.  It isn't gun access.  It hasn't gotten easier to buy a gun since then. 

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: I think a policy of confiscation is the only answer

Because there is too much resistance to anything less. Melt them down and make something useful out of them. Something people won't use to kill someone else. you will have to use something else to make you feel manly.

You haven't offered any logical solution to solve gun violence. Only your freedom to own guns is your only concern. The NRA wants the taxpayers to spend billions on armed guards for public safety all so you gun nuts can buy a gun and get an erection.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: I think a policy of confiscation is the only answer

No, it is not the resistance. It is the inablitiy/unwillingness to want to look at any other solution. You are staunch on gun control and want nothing else. Emotional issue for you.. What is the underlying reason that anger is escalating. Gun ownership has hovered around the same pecentages for decades. Recently we have seen anger get out of control. So let's go after guns and not deal with the anger. Guns gone anger is still there and now we use fertilizer and fuel oil to vent our frustrations. Bombs can be looked up easily on the internet. You have to deal with the underlying issues or you will never take care of the problem just keep banning things you hate.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@cotman03 wrote:

If I thought gun control would without a doubt reduce gun crime, I would be the first to turn in any gun that I own that is on a list.  I am a father of 3 and just started with grandchildren (2).  I coached jr. high and high school sports for 15 years.  Prior to that, I coached 5-12 year olds in little league baseball.  My entire adult life has been dedicated to my own kids and those of others.  The thing last Friday made me sick.  My son was graduating from college last Friday and his graduation will forever be tainted by that event.  Mass killers will use whatever they have.  Tim McVeigh used ammonium nitrate and diesel.  Muslim lunatics use bombs strapped to themselves or cars loaded with explosives to do their business.  In my mind this is a problem related to our decaying society.  It has nothing to do with easy access to guns.  My friends and I used to have guns in our vehicles at school back in the 70's.  Probably most of your friends did too in your day.  When I or my friends got in trouble, the thought never crossed our minds to run to our trucks, get a gun and come back and shoot the principal or coach who just whipped out butts or the other kid who bullied us.   I wonder what changed.  It isn't gun access.  It hasn't gotten easier to buy a gun since then. 

What has changed is the value we place on life. Life is very very cheap in this country. We have taught several generations that if you want something you have the right to take it because you deserve it as much as those who have it. What we are witnessing is what it is like to hit the bottom after going off the moral cliff.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: anti-gun nuts have not provided evidence gun prohibitions make people safer.

I can do better than that, john. This is proof all the Rambo wannabes, would be wetting their pants.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-nra-thinks-more-guns-are-the-answer-bless-their-hearts-then-watch-this?c...

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes, I do think 20 people ...

No, BA, your the one playing dumb, for crissakes! You would like to think, I know nothing about guns, because you want to win an arguement. YOU CANNOT RELOAD A SHOTGUN FAST ENOUGH, to kill 20 people in 20 min.! My god! Watch your own dammn video, I KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO LOAD A SHOTGUN, MAN, I OWN 2 OF THEM, I'M NOT STUPID, you can't even reload an automatic shotgun fast enough. Triple 0, thinks he can reload a single shot, in what 3 seconds, per shell, the first gun I owned, I got for Christmas, was a single shot, so I know how long it takes to reload those, another idiot post, 0.