cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

The woman's got a set

Best thing about Obama winning the Presidency may be that it wound up being her so she could end up with the job she's got.

Was watching her with gates on Sunday morning thinking it's too bad they aren't younger and could hook up and reproduce, Breed us up another Ben Franklin or Omar Bradley or Teddy R.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/clinton-tells-house-obama-would-ignore-war-resolutions.ph...

40 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: The woman's got a set

I can't believe you'd find anything but despair in that article. More open contempt for our laws. They should just dissolve congress, long live Caesar.
r3020
Senior Advisor

Have to wonder who's next on her list.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I agree with your take on the situation, Sam. Pretty sad to see Bruce get such a flow of blood to his privates when its another democratic war of choice rather than a republican action. One more partisan chickenhawk flopping around in the henhouse.

bruce MN
Advisor

Bad read Red. Nowhere have I indicated that I think this is a good deal. But it's what we are doing and only a winger hypocrite like some of you here would overlook the fact that the GOP response is the Gingrich doctrine of disingenuity....either or any way the administration and Gate's defense department would have moved on this would have been thewrong way. Newt' has flipped on it times. And you and other wingers everywhere are answering that bell.

But we are there, much due to the fact that like it or not it is "what we do"..It's who we have been since the onset of the cold war. Some of that like activilty has been out of nothing more than insatiable urges to use all of the neat stuff we've got. The restraint and measure that was taken before acting is considered admirable by some, as timid and cowardly by others. But regardless of those disagreemetns it's game on now and I am deeply thankful as an American that Ms. Clinton and Mr. Gates are in the positions that they are in rather than neocons or, worse, crusaders.

Bush got 4 years of rope on Iraq, with substantial bipartisan support before it became evident of what a wasteful and essentially corrupt deal the waging of that war was.  No surprise that muc of the sentiment on this matter is fueled by buyer's remorse over that purchase.

Samnospam
Advisor

So, your thought us that the neocons got their war, now you neolibs get yours? Partisans may feel that way, but I don't think the general public does. Most people view it as WE are going to war. I think WE are a bit fed up with this crap. It amazes me how you'd go along with this unitary executive imperial presidency bull.
bruce MN
Advisor

I don't... but I also don't consider what has been done as an inconsistency. Maybe if I'd have heard any of this somber, "we don't do things this way" drivle from folks in the various legions of the right back in 2002 I'd be more sympathetic to the politcalization that is going on over this action. Action which is highly consistent with numerous actions taken by numerous administrations.

And, again, my comments on this are built around the extreme sense of relief I feel in the fact that it's not people of the general cut of, say, John Bolton and Lt. Gen Boykin representing us in these positions, as would surely be the case under a McCain-Palin administration.

But then again, it might all be Obama's fault for making that widely praised speech that he gave in Cairo. A neoconservative influenced President wouldn't have made that speech. heck, maybe had there been no Cairo speech when the world picked up on the guy immolating himself in Tunisia it could have been pinned on Al Queda by the Bolton State Department. Ronnie Reagan's Berlin speech is credited with having stimulated the liberation of Eastern Europe and Central Asia from the Soviets. But then Reagan was God and to the people who seem to care the most passionately on this, Obama is the Anti-Christ.

And as for WE (the American peole, right?) being upset abuo tthis have you seen any polling or surveys of hjust how shockingly low the Middle Eastern conflicts are on the list of concerns of the aveage American voter and taxpayer? Your concerns are well founded, and I more or less share them but I'm just trying to be a realist and....just sayin'...so very relieved it's these people...at State and Defense...not necessarily in the White House or for sure not in the Congress where all that goes on day after day in the upper chamber is fine lined negotitaions over how big a bite that oligarchs can be allowed to take out of everybody else before the pain creates noise.... and in the lower just how far back in time and understanding the people will stand for being taken culturally and intellectually before enough people figure out how to collectively yell STOP!!.....and not that last outfit.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

If this is the best you have, Bruce, better go back to the bathroom with a fresh bar of soap and do some more scrubbing to get the hypocrisy off of your face.

Show me where I ever said that going into Iraq was a good idea and not utter folly.

One thing about Hillary, though, she is consistent. During the debates back in 2008 she was not shy about asserting that even the nuclear option was on the table if she thought some pissant country had assaulted the USA. Just be glad that the Lady McBethillary is not sitting with her claws anywhere near those buttons. At least, let us hope so.

bruce MN
Advisor

No way to verify that as you most certainly were not a player on this board in 2002. And not unlike any other young gun Bush lover GOPer I knew back then you most likely walked around with a permanent hard on from September '01 til March of '03.

Among the deniers now, but hot for "turnin' the sand to glass" along with millions of others back then.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You, like all the rest of the righties on here, fully, whole-heartedly, supported bush and the boyz for the war.  You may not have voiced on here, anything about specifically supporting the war but you supported the regime with all your might and ridiculed any against it and THEY supported the war.