cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: The woman's got a set

you just went down swinging with three strikes, my friend.

I posted on this board then, under a different name, I was vocal against Bush's war of choice, and I save my passion for my wife.

if you are not any more accurate when throwing darts, I suggest that you make sure you have the walls surrounding the dartboard at home protected.

bruce MN
Advisor

Easy to say.

Samnospam
Advisor

Well we certainly have a different perspective as I think this likely the most incompetent administration yet. To say this is just how we do it ignores the fact that the usa and the world is in a far different place than 2003, 1995, or 1990. Do I need to post the figures that illustrate this fact? We should be in headlong retreat not just from Iraq and Afghanistan, but from korea, Japan, Germany, and hundreds of other places around the globe. Who would have thought we could get an administration more stupid than the last. We are yet more broke with every day that goes by and this administration doesn't reduce our military entanglement, it doesn't even stand pat, it expands warfare in completely new directions. It's the type of ignorance of the situation that dying empires are guilty of. BTW interesting that you didn't share this weeks kuntsler with the crowd.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I, too, posted back then under a different name and I was totally FOR the war and bush.

bruce MN
Advisor

You seem to think that I'm unconditionally defending Obama and endorsing neocolonialism or something like that.

I'm not...again, simply describing where decades of this has brought us to and expessing my relief that we don't have some of the same sort of people who were the worst of those decades calling the shots.

Is there any irony in the fact that there were no citizen uprisings in any of these countries during the Bush administrations? Would status quo from then be preferabel? And what would the rip on this administration be if the Pesident was as disengaged in this as he seems to be on the bugget process and financial services reform. He has nada for support from me on those fronts. But no better or worse than McCain might have been and certainly no worse than the hybrid of who can be considered as serious GOP contenders would be.

The two indespensible elements that keep the GOP held together, the energy plutocracy and radical Christian Zionists, by nature don''t want to see this> Ghadaaffi was a binding agent. Egypt was only useful in it's previous form. It becomes a hinderance or a danger upon independence.

To paraphrase from my distant youth.."This #### is goin' down"    It's not going to be summarily stopped by ANYBODY. Let's get it as right as we can. We are fortunate to be better staffed than we've been in some time.

Samnospam
Advisor

Egypt hasn't changed form. I suspect the energy companies are fine with removing gaddafy. Europe wouldn't be pushing it if they thought it would endanger their supplies.
bruce MN
Advisor

Everything has changed to some degree in form. To say that much will remain the same is being silly. Here or abroad. And there is still Iran. And Syria.

And in the end, Saudi Arabia just might turn out to be the most tyranical. You don't know and I don't know. But just thank goodness that we don't have the previous outfit running diplomacy and defense here.

Old Europe operates sans a soul. The British elements of the U.K. aren't capable of functioning with any degree of integrity. Nothing new under the sun.

How's about dropping everything else and starting up a 3rd party and draft Jim Webb? He's done with the Senate.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Now what after the "UN" slaughter of civilians and the CIA have boots on the ground? Even if you leave all of the money out of the thing, there was no congressional approval, no imminent risk to the US or it's citizens, and many other places around the world where their leaders butcher the citizens wholesale on a monthly basis. We are going to arm our enemies to out a dictator that is less of a threat to the US than they are. The only conclusion a reasonable people can come to is there is intent to harm the US by the administration.

bruce MN
Advisor

No...that's been well taken care of previously.

This could be viewed by some as an attempt to mitigate some of that.

And where have you seen it said that we intend to arm anyone? Only places I've heard that is from the radical political opposition and necon and right wing commentaors making crass presumptions.

Sec. Gates has said that it's up to someone else to arm them if they are to be armed. I'd have no reason to take him for a liar. And the CIA...ithat is what you are referring to as "boots on the ground", no? The CIA? Rest assured my good friend that the CIA was there already. The CIA is EVERY-frickin-WHERE, all of the time.

Samnospam
Advisor

Who'd want Jim Webb when we've got Ron Paul.