cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

TheBEST news to come out of N H yesterday

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/election_law_experts_say_james_okeefe_accomplices_...

Seems they may actually have the goods on this piece of slime. New Hampshire is a hard place.  This seems a bit analogous to the James and Younger boys running into those square headed Scandinavian farmers in Norhtfield.

Maybe it will set off enough of an investigation to look into the Louisisan ph repairman scam  sand the  ACRON setup  jobwhile they are at it.

8 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: TheBEST news to come out of N H yesterday

What a nice story! This time he should spend some time in jail, about 10 years might be a good start.

Senior Advisor

snip-

The director of South Carolina's Department of Motor Vehicles has told the State Law Enforcement Division that more than 900 people who were recorded as having voted were actually dead.

DMV Director Kevin Shwedo told legislators about the issue Wednesday as the U.S. Justice Department questions a new state law requiring people to show photographic identification when they vote in person.

In response, South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson asked SLED to review the evidence.

"Director Shwedo's research has revealed evidence that over nine hundred deceased people appear to have 'voted' in recent elections in South Carolina," said Wilson in a statement. "This is an alarming number, and clearly necessitates an investigation into potential criminal activity. I have asked SLED Chief Keel to review Director Shwedo's research."

Shwedo analyzed more than 230,000 records on people without state driver's licenses or identification cards. He found state Election Commission data included 30,000 dead people. He said the records involving 900 dead people were turned over to SLED to investigate.

Shwedo said the records also included more than 91,000 people who now appear to live in other states.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/167748/2/DMV-900-Dead-People-May-Have-Voted-

Senior Contributor

Could be the loss of a major source of entertainment.

I still find the Acorn youtube with the pimple faced geek dressed up like Superfly and the coed in hot pants (as pimp and hooker) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Neither the Onion staff or the best SNL writers could have made that up. I suppose that is because it wouldn't even be expected to be that funny if it wasn't for all the context and backstory.

Veteran Advisor

You think that's a lie???

Senior Contributor

I'm confused how requiring an ID to vote is some type of hardship for minorities or the poor.  My college age son got picked up driving after tailgating at a Hawkeye football game and lost his license for DWI.   The police took his drivers license on the spot.   My son is about as poor as you can get and goes to college while working part time.   He immediately went and got a new ID (so he could still get into the bars in Iowa City) and then later got himself a copy of his Social Security card so he could get paid to give blood plasma.  Using city buses he had no trouble getting these two new forms of ID even though he is below the poverty level, has no drivers license, and is going to school while working part time. 

I would think it is more of a challenge getting to the proper vote place on time then getting an ID if required for voting.  Do not most of the plans to require voter ID also include plans to make it even easier for people who need ID's to get them?

Last time I bought a Bic lighter at Walmart I had to provide an ID. 

Looks like there is a need to at least update voter registration rolls to eliminate the names of deceased and those having moved away.

Senior Contributor

The only way to justify what the Republicans are doing is disenfranchise the voters THEY think are voting Democrat, it's as simple and pure as that. There has not been more than a hand full since 1960, not nearly enough to warrant the extreme measures the GOP wants to implement. It's pure politics as usual for the Republicans.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201103080038

Senior Advisor

Why would they let a dead man vote? If he is alive and breathing I would be inclined to allow him to vote.