cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: There is no legal authority for either the state or local dem-panic emergency orders..

The Constitution is still the law even in a state of emergency.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: There is no legal authority for either the state or local dem-panic emergency orders..

Part of the problem is that there are "disaster plans" in place at local and county levels that were modeled for some theoretical scenario (and not just tornados or floods) that have rarely really been tested for compliance with constitutional requirements and individual rights/freedoms.  Most of the "disaster plans" around here were put in place fairly recently, presumably based on fears of terrorist attacks and such.  The ones that make suggestions and recommendations, and rely on "voluntary" compliance, are likely acceptable.  It's the dictates that are requirements, with noncompliance being punishable by fines and/or imprisonment, that are questionable.  Some things do make sense, like "social distancing", and efforts should be made to make "social distancing" possible, or even required in certain settings.  Most of us also accept the "quarantines" of those who are infected with the virus, along with voluntarily restricting  some of our social and leisure activities even if not infected.  Other things are more questionable or make no sense, like telling people they can only buy certain types of products and not others.  

No, our constitutional rights have not been suspended.  We remain democratic republic, not a communist country, not a dictatorship, etc.  

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I hate to burst your bubble....

This is an emergency...you

Need to visit with the medical

Community.

You are grasping really far saying

""Under the color"".

My question....where are you 

Hearing this dribble ?

Who is saying this ?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@elcheapo wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble....

This is an emergency...you

Need to visit with the medical

Community.

You are grasping really far saying

""Under the color"".

My question....where are you 

Hearing this dribble ?

Who is saying this ?

Lol... you do realize I posted the title and section of the US code... you know, the recognized law of the land?  You know, the laws that are all derived from and have to be consistent with the Constitution?

You do know what the Constitution is dont you?

Oh and Dr. Cheapie, how many people have succumbed to this Dem-Panic vs average influenza each year?  I'm sure being the medical community liaison you are, you won't mind posting those for us.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Apparently your troll farm is equipped with both law and medical libraries?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Apparently your troll farm is equipped with both law and medical libraries?

So you have nothing and went with a horrible attempt at a personal attack?  😂😂

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That would be like arguing with people who claim 'til the cows come home that hydroxychloroquinone is effective when it has failed all clinical trials.

What would possibly be the point?

Highlighted
Advisor

It’s amenability might not make you all that pumped up when exposed to what will be seen as centrist politics across the land as we “come out  the backside” of this pandemic.

We very likely never will, but policies will ultimately be formulated on the premise that we have as best we can.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

That would be like arguing with people who claim 'til the cows come home that hydroxychloroquinone is effective when it has failed all clinical trials.

What would possibly be the point?

Yeah, it's failed all those trials...lol.  Post all those peer reviewed trials you have there Sunshine.  

From CDC researchers themselves as far back as 2005.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

But please, triple down on the BS Nox and post all those great studies you have.  

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I have to wonder - why is a supposed attorney with high profile clients wasting time on this site?  Why?  This person  (gh2002gh) was present during the last election - doing basically the same thing she is now.  Maybe a different handle, but seems like the same person.   This is a troll.  Probably paid by post - probably asked to come on here by the RW nut jobs Meredith themselves - my guess, is the latter.

I was probably allowed back on at this point, because of the hatred the Right wingers on this site have toward me, especially being a female and daring to even post here.

Apparently, there is something that the Right sees that I don’t, as it relates to this site.  In the broad scheme of things - why would an attorney waste their valuable time on a site that gets a hundred hits per post?  And basically, the same group of us that has been beating each other up for years?  It makes no sense...

Jen