cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Think I Was Still Too Soon

On bailing on the stock market.

Looks to me, like I was just in time......and my getting out wasn’t because of Dem wins - it was because of the threats that the so called president lobbed in his news conference the day after the mid terms.

I have lost all faith in this so called administration - apparently so have many others. 250 points higher to start the stock market today - to 350 lower. Down we go!

Allen, if I were you, I would buy, buy, buy like there was no tomorrow. With this so called president, there just might not be.

Tick Tock.....BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
7 Replies
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: Think I Was Still Too Soon

I will be around for awhile yet. No need to jump out. 

I checked gold went up so I am good yet

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Just curious. Why is it you people want this country to fail?

hardnox
Advisor

Gold

when gold and silver get really beat up, particularly going into years end, they tend to have pretty good bounces.

Could be, as somebody said, that they'll be the best house in a bad neighborhood next year.

Thing is that except for a small inflationary part at the end of a commodity cycle, falling in love with gold is like falling in love with a crack addicted hooker and silver is worse- she's also bipolar. But a lot of people do and never recover their senses.

They're just trading vehicles- forget all the utopian goldbug BS.

BTW, a lot of that BS has migrated over to the crypto markets, which may be why gold and silver have performed horribly and recently have marked record spec short positions.

So things do tend to rhyme more than repeat- do your own due diligence.

hardnox
Advisor

stock tops are never easy

not my first rodeo- fought the "bulls" in 2000 and 2008.

The biggest up days in the indexes are always during collapses as da boyz engineer short squeezes so that they can exit their positions. The financial press Excuse Machine aids them as various influential playas give their sage opinions to 25 year old Bloomberg reporters.

Sadly, as reported I did come out of half my emini shorts in the low 2600s and failed to get the half resold on the (brief, fierce and over) post- election pop. As I said, these things aren't easy but I think I can still bank an additional 5 figure sum- can most definitely now place stops where they're not getting much of it back, anyway.

Would probably assume a long posture of some sort or another into years; end should the (first) downleg prove sufficiently long.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Markets go up - markets go down, Allen. ALL markets - the stock MARKET is no different than any other.

Do I want the stock market to go up? Sure i do. But markets don’t just go up - and this one is long due for a serious fall.

I’d simply seen enough, where the risk of staying in this market, was far more than the risk of getting out. And day by day, you see the market go up at night, with relatively few traders that can move it higher, and then gets slammed during the day. Once again, we were up over a hundred in the overnight, and now, a couple hundred lower again. Just for the record, I got out when the market was at 26180.

The selling isn’t over - we may see it accelerate. I’m out - and glad I am. I preserved my gains. How about you?

Tick Tock.....BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Gold

Down one week, up the next........down and up. It's kind of like an elevator.   Too bad some people's doesn't go to the top floor.    Smiley Wink

hardnox
Advisor

During the first 7 years of recovery from the Bush* collapse, RWNJs regularly complained about everything under the sun that was making the phony market go up.

*He Who We Never Knew.