cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Thinking the USPS matter

May get resolved somehow, but it’s probably rather important to few GOP Senators who have very important to them support in backwater regions to have come out publicly on the right side of it before Nov 3. 

Mitch ain’t going back to DC if it just comes down to primarily Louisville and Lexington 

4 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: This nking the USPS matter

My sense of it is that Fat Billy shared the plan with Mitch when he visited his Senate office last seek. Too sensitive for anything other than a face to face in a secure room.

Mitch got the kids out of town right quick.

I assume that fewer people in rural districts will be deterred from voting in person. Although I think they underestimate how savvy the other folks are in terms of doing early voting, hand delivering absentee ballots of just plain showing up at the polls if it is required.

They'll need to also sabotage voting places in unfriendly districts as well. Not that they don't as a matter of SOP.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Thinking the USPS matter

The USPS was not designed to run elections.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

May get resolved somehow, but it’s probably rather important to few GOP Senators who have very important to them support in backwater regions to have come out publicly on the right side of it before Nov 3. 

Mitch ain’t going back to DC if it just comes down to primarily Louisville and Lexington 

Louisville has been hard hit by blm protests, violence and looting.  I've got family there, they send pics, you would be shocked. Having to plan your route carefully everyday to make sure you're not caught in a dangerous situation gets old. You may be surprised how the vote turns out there.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

the best pulse on what is happening to the 2020 vote is to look at how the national polls are changing, and then add about ten pts for bias.

Remember when I used to type that Bruce and Nutz should just go into a bar in a predominantly black area in Minneapolis or whatever major city that Nutz is near, and have an actual conversation with a person of color rather than look at things in the abstract.

Now that suggestion looks like it would be a death sentence for either one of the fools. I still would like to see it done, but it would be painful to know about. Maybe I just want to be like that kingpin that told his henchmen..."I don't want to hear anything more about it".... the henchmen are sitting there..."but Boss...i thought you wanted us to do that"...and the boss says..."of course I do...I just don't want to hear about it."

LOL