cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Third party debate threshold

is 15%.

Nobody can predict the small probability that they'll personally be sampled in a poll.

But in general, the best thing that could happen now would be for people to say they're going to vote for Johnson or Stein regardless what they're really going to do.

For any and all, it doesn't matter what you say until the moment you're in the booth.

In some polls Johnson is within spitting distance- some as high as 11%. The highest I've seen for Stein is 4%.

If you actually have a preference in the main event Derby to the Glue Factory, that could split a lot of different ways. My guess is some Bernie folks might go to either but probably lean more to Stein. I don't see many GOP leaners going to Stein, but some would be open to Johnson.

Worst case for trumpsters would probably be for Johnson to reach the threshold and Stein not.

Or, if their hope is that the debate will be Hulk Trump beating up on Crooked Hillary without distraction.

FWIW, I'm in favor of both but will answer "Stein" should I be polled.

6 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Third party debate threshold

Trump`s biggest 3rd party threat is from Hillary Clinton.  What i mean is traditional GOP voters that supported Jeb or Lindsey Graham are full of sour grapes and look for a viable alternative.  The only thing those spoiled brats don`t like about Hillary is that she`ll raise tax rates, but baby killin`, takin` guns away, bringing in more Mexicans and more free trade...they are all on board with that, the only reason they`re Republican is because of taxes.

Gary Johnson smokes weed and wants open borders...I don`t see any of those Looney Tunes going to Trump ever, but Hillary will have the open borders and I doubt she has any big hang ups of smoking a bowl every now and then.   Stein is those that drive their coal powered Tesla car to the Whole Foods store and are worried about fricken Polar Bears and Spotted Owls and Kangaroo Rats.  All of those Fruit Loops over lap into the Democrat party.  When the polling booth curtain closes, I don`t know how many of them want to continue winning in baby steps that has been effective for the liberal movement in the last 50 yrs.   Or if they are thinking they`ll ram it through all or nothin` get their nutty agenda through this election cycle or nothin`.

Anyway those 3rd parties are various degrees of Democrat.  Bernie supporters tease us that some might go for Trump, but these whack jobs want nothing to do with "racism" so at the end of the day, they`ll pull the lever for Hillary.  The thing is, is a Gary Johnson or a Jill Stein supporter going to crawl over broken glass for Hillary? ...oh they`ll do the backstroke in the sewer for their own candidates, but Hillary maybe not.

But the Jill Stein crowd, if they`re popular in California..Hillary will win California anyway, if Gary Johnson is popular in Texas, well Trump`ll win that anyway.  A "Florida" or "Ohio" could be a market mover.  So alot depends which state that their 10-15% that they`re popular in. 

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Anyway those 3rd parties are various degrees of Democrat.  Bernie supporters tease us that some might go for Trump, but these whack jobs want nothing to do with "racism" so at the end of the day, they`ll pull the lever for Hillary. 

Gee, how horrible of them !!

Meaning you and tRump supporters DO ???

You have been listening to tRump too long.

The gop and thier " autopsy report " do NOT want you saying these things outloud.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If you`ll notice, I put "racism" in quotes which means however the whack jobs want to define it.  That seems to mean that anyone that believes that the USA is a sovereign nation, it a "racist".

http://illegalaliens.us/aztlan.htm

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

The whack jobs are you and  your own party. Have you not noticed all the infighting ? The " racisim "   (  I can use scare quotes too )  denouncements, etc ??

trumpGRATEagain.gif

r3020
Senior Advisor

It is Bill Clinton who said Barack Obama should be getting him coffee.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Racism: The Republican-engineered failure of Liberalism to sufficiently socialize the American economy to where black success can be measured solely by how much guilty white charity each black receives. (note: Blacks cannot be Racists, Black Racism is an impossible term.) See Social Justice. 

Social Justice: That wonderful principle which defines society as a paint-by-the-numbers pastiche of equally entitled victim-groups who should be deliberately included in the outer, larger society according to their guilt-driven social demographic percentages, not by personal achievement. Social Justice is the demand for a Numeric Parliamentary Model of society based on "fairness," specifically "Political Identity Fairness." Since blacks, women, and gays have been hurt by American history, it only makes sense that adjustments must be made in the American future to correct these ancient, systemic inequities. Social Justice is the realization that some (all) liberal special-interest groups deserve more than they’ve got (or earned), and that it’s the role of Liberal-Activist Government to legally provide these people with the lives they truly deserve by redistributing The Wealth from the oppressor class to the victim class. See Oppressors and Reparations.