cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

This Is What Real Grassroots Effort Looks Like

Here is what real Grassroots effort looks like.  Last weekend, I was with 160 other folks who marched in the Indianola Balloon Festival Parade, in Indianola.   It is Indianola's big parade for the year and about 3800 to 4000 people were along the streets as it went by.  The parade itself was nearly 2 miles long.  I am in my John Deere hat, in front of the second pickup truck.

We had three vehicles, including the Constitution Coach in the back.  We handed out bottles of cold Ice Water with Kent's card rubber-banded to the neck of the bottle.

His opponant, the current state senator, staci appel...., she only had two people show up to walk with her.....here is her picture......

I just got back a few minutes ago from the DeSoto Parade and 30 came to walk with Kent, and his opponent didn't even bother to show up......afterward, we all fanned out over town and did a literature drop over the whole town......many hands make light and fast work.

That is what it takes to win elections.....having the right message, and having an army of supporters help you win.

Find a good conservative candidate in your area, and help them to win in your area, too.

4 Replies
tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: This Is What Real Grassroots Effort Looks Like

You said before that "the supporters were 3 blocks long", when it's a stretch to count that group as "160", even with the distorted picture. That reminds me of your head count of the teapublicans at your state capital on tax day, which you were off by twice the actual amount.

What, no white pride pictures???? I really liked the one picture of somebody using their little kids to make a political statement. THAT was a CLASS ACT, it ranked right up there with wearing political t-shirts to do volunteer work.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Pull Your Sore Leg Outta Yer Mouth, Tom.

Most of the older folks were in the Constitution Coach (ie. the school bus) and were waving out the window....maybe 30 folks.  The picture was also at the very beginning of the parade and we had not stretched out to the full 3 blocks yet..... but by the time we hit the town square, the beginning of our group was just leaving the square when the end had yet to get onto the square......3 sides of the square, all in blue shirts = 3 blocks long.

It must just burn you up knowing that we are kicking the living $#!+ outta one of your heroes, doesn't it?

I guess since you left Warren County, the dumb dems just couldn't hold it together anymore, can they? 

(LOL) Smiley Very Happy

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: poor Milligan, you'll do anything for attention

LOL, whatever way you have to use to come to the bogus number, go for it(well, you already did) LOL, did you also count the length of the bus too???

I've noticed your patterns of exaggeration when it comes to talking about politics, so much that whatever politico You choose, I'll automatically bet on the opposite one, and win that bet.

FYI, I was still an IL. resident in terms of voting, and when I temporarily lived there for work, if ANY politician would have stood next to me, I wouldn't have known it, or cared.

I do remember quite well though when Jesse Ventura was elected at the same time as Vilseck, and I saw bumper stickers that said, "my governor can kick your governor's ass". Now THAT was funny.

Veteran Advisor

Re: You Have Gotta Always Have The Last Word.

@tomtoolbag wrote:

LOL, whatever way you have to use to come to the bogus number, go for it(well, you already did) LOL, did you also count the length of the bus too???

I've noticed your patterns of exaggeration when it comes to talking about politics, so much that whatever politico You choose, I'll automatically bet on the opposite one, and win that bet.

FYI, I was still an IL. resident in terms of voting, and when I temporarily lived there for work, if ANY politician would have stood next to me, I wouldn't have known it, or cared.

I do remember quite well though when Jesse Ventura was elected at the same time as Vilseck, and I saw bumper stickers that said, "my governor can kick your governor's ass". Now THAT was funny.

Bogus number, huh?  Wow, you all the way over in Illinois have any way of knowing, eh?

You always seem to have to have the last word on everything....okay, fine you have it.....OH, wait....I now have the last word, so now you will have to respond back to have last, last word. Smiley Tongue