Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

This is a true embarrassment!

11 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: This is a true embarrassment!

Well....what do you expect from a boy.

Senior Contributor

Republicans Don't need TELEPROMPTERS! (not)

That little plate of glass to the left of Sara Palin in 2008 - TELEPROMPTER

That rectanular object to Romney's left (your right) - TELEPROMPTER

Those two dark glass plates in front of McCain - TELEPROMPTER

Republican Presidential candidate John McCain clenches his fists as he closes his speech to delegates at the Republican National Convention at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. Sept. 4, 2008

Veteran Advisor

Re: At Least the First Pic is a Fake

I know at least the first picture is a fake.  For one.... a very good friend of mine was in the Iowa delegation...there was NO tele-prom-ter used by Palin, also, the picture that you supplied has only one side of the pair..... No tele-prom-ter unit has only one side, they have both a right half and a left half, unless it is mounted on the front of the camera, like in a TV studio.

It was obviously photo-shopped in to make political "hay" out of something that did not happen.

Try again.

Senior Contributor

Actually, Craig, a teleprompter is a big improvement...................................over writing on her hand like 10th grader!!LOL!! What hoot! Although in retrospect, it suits her mentality.

Senior Contributor

Ok Knapper take this!

So your comparing a campaign speech to a speech to heads of state?? And also I thought all those people were bumbling idiots. You comparing the two to the great one Barrack Hussein OBAMA Mmn Mmn Mmn? Just kidding. I think for such occasions to give a simple 20 minute speech he should just look at simple cue cards at his podium. It looks very unnatural to keep turning side to side like that. I would think the man would want to convey a sense of sincerity. And if you remember Palin's Prompter went out and she winged the rest by memory. Here is your leader when he gets ...., Well confused might be to strong of a word, but.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno

This is truly painful to watch.

Senior Contributor

Craig, all I did is Google "Republican National Convention Podium." Then I looked at Images. There are plenty and a teleprompter is standard for national speeches. It's just that simple and I think it is ridiculous to assume that national speakers should not use the tools at their disposal. This is a classic example of nitpicking.

Here they are again. One on Palin's right and the base of the one on the left barely visible on the edge of her skirt.

Here's the Posium being set up. Notice the TELEPROMPTERS.

Here is the whole Palin family with the the TELEPROMPTERS clearly showing.

Conclusion..either the internet is LOADED with fake images or the republicans use TELEPROMPTERS.

Senior Contributor

But Obama will be the first in the Indian Parliament.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Re: GTO, I gotta know....

My opinion Hawkin is that they should have wrote on their hand, unless they want to give the same speech the rest of their lives. I hope I have proven that the teleprompter is simply a tool of modern speech making. I don't think Palin or Romney or McCain was wrong for using one. It is simply a way to read a speach and make eye contact to both sides of the audience at the same time. It is SMART to use one. The speech still has to be written and what it says is the most imortant thing as well as the effectiveness of how it is delivered. Notes, written speeches, teleprompters, they are all fair game. The words delivered and the nuances of speech are what makes it a great speech or a droning monlogue.