cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

This is how hopeless balancing the US budget is.

You could shut down government like park rangers, congressmen, broom pushers ...everyone and the whole Defense Dept and we`d still be faced with deficits.  This guy explains it, he`s an accountant by trade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW5IdwltaAc   we would have to raise taxes "50%" I will say that one more time "raise taxes 50%".  I like his line of `we are only arguing of who will pay the most for their ticket on the Titanic`Smiley Happy   It`s the entitlements stupid!   We can be bullheaded and say "that`s my social security you basterds!!!" ...if you want an answer, means testing for SS and for God sakes DON`T create more entitlements with Obamacare! 

35 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: This is how hopeless balancing the US budget is.

You have to hand it to Ryan and Romney to show enough political courage to hope they can get the point across before the whole things blows up.

I do sense that more of the traditional liberals that actually have some intelligence are seeing the iceberg in the water , too, and I am cautiously optimistic that November is going to be a good month for Conservatives.

Many people, even those older and on social security, still love America and will vote for the interests of the nation rather than for their own interest. And Ryan is framing the issue to be one that affects people under 55, not current beneficiaries and those that are about to start collecting. Of course, this may all change depending on what the numbers actually allow.

I do believe that it is very unfair for current beneficiaries, even wealthy ones, to get back seven times what they paid in while future beneficiaries won't even get back their original contributions.

Honored Advisor

Hey Red, I just got back from your state, talked to my feedman(big Ron Paul guy) he says Minnesota has a "Minnesota care" health plan that if you get a flu shot you "earn" a point, if you take a walk you "earn" a point and so on, when you get enough "points" you can turn those in for a $25 preloaded Visa card.  I asked my Wife she says it`s true "we have to start treating patients like children!" okay I know when to shutup and pick my battlesSmiley Wink It`s just funny/sad everyone is living in this "TMZ" "People Magazine" world where they are more concerned about Sandra Fluck and Larry Craig and Clint Eastwood, meanwhile we`ve been broke for years , it`s just that no one has taken away our credit card yet.  These rich old cats with a networth of $5 million drawing a SS check of $958/month is ridiculous.  We can either attempt to fix it or sometime in the near future taxes will have to go up ...Alot.  And we all will all lose everything we`ve got trying to play the part of Seymore in this Little Shop of Horrors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU

Advisor

You are correct in that it is going to take a certain amount of entitlment reform. 

It will probably come down to who it is over the next few election cycles, not just this one, that people trust with taking that on. Simpson-Bowles was a place to start and the current House wanted nothing to do with it.  Ryan sat on the Commission and wouldn't carry anything out of it.

Still going to need jobs, economic growth and revenue for government, whatever the scale of it is.

Romney's war plans scare me way more than anything anybody else on either side is talking about does.  He maybe isn't serious and just pandering to the neoconservtive wing, and like a good politician once he secures the votes he could forget all about it.

Obama's got his SoS Hillary doing the best work of her life.  I'd hate to see a John Bolton or some other neocon hawk take that job over and tear down what has been some really good, constructive work.  Only reason I'd need to vote as I expect to, all the rest of it be damned.

Didn't watch but snips and clips last night as I was watching the Twins put an 18 spot on the W Sox, but you couldn't pry me away with anything from crackin' one and popping some popcorn for Joe B. and Elizabeth Warren tonight.  Then switch over to Baseball Tonight when WJC &  BHO come on.   I don't see how they could possibly have anything useful to our condition to say.

Senior Advisor

You been on a tax vacation way too long. It's time to get the check book out. Lets means test tax deductions. I get them and you don't.  lol

Senior Advisor

Hillary is doing the best work of her life as the muslim brotherhood take over the entire middle east?

Veteran Advisor

My prediction is that you are going to like Romney as president much more than I will. But I know that he has to be a big improvement on Bama.

I really doubt that Romney has any desire to be in charge of a war against Iran. This is called "saber rattling" and probably deters a war better than saying you are just going to lay down, or bow like Bama seems to think works.

Senior Contributor

I think the atheists should pay more in taxes then the Christians. The Christians are giving to charities and helping them help others. The atheists are hording their money. It is time the atheists start to pay their fair share.

Advisor

And the laison of a diminished, broke (by your measurements), dwindling and therefore agreeably deleveraging....SEE: Romney-Ryan budget (non-)plans....super power was supposed to do just what about the results of the democratic process kicking in? After 60 years of disquised imperialistic  prattle coming out of our business and political leaders (too often one in the same)  about spreading democracy around the world?

She's done a marvelous job.  I do guess some of the Chinese don't like her for telling them the truth.  I can't bring myself to hold that against her.

Advisor

I can think of nothing that he has said that would make me think I'd like him at all, but then he more than anything that would be because he has said nothing. 

Maybe some plans or proposals?  even some empty promises that he'll likely give up on too soon and too easily like his opponent did?

Then he's got that tumor growing out of the spot where it rubs shoulders with him.  Ryan is the worst candidate for office that high since God knows when.