cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: This is how hopeless balancing the US budget is.

What do you call charity? Giving money to those that need help or the funding of your religious cult of choice?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Don, I like making jokes as much as the next guy, but while we listen to crap about "who`s gonna buy my birth control cause it sure the hell ain`t gonna be me!"  "Romney and Ryan would take us back to the failed policies of the past and would be better suited for the election of 1812"   and  "Barack and I really siss-tur-uggled with his rusted out car" that is all ridiculous crap they all need kicked in the balls.  You guys think that soaking rich people with taxes is all that`s needed, well if you take all the money from those making over $250,000/yr you will run the government 41 days, the answer will have to come from spending cuts.  One would have to be awfully selfish to have a net worth of $5 million and still insist on collecting social security, if they`re giving it out fine take it but there has to be a common sense cutting so the whole system isn`t bankrupted giving entitlements to those that don`t need it.  Regardless if these entitlements caused the problem or not the fact is they need overhauled or no one will get anything.  Those collecting these entitlements, ironically are suffering from "rich man`s syndrome" where if you`ve always had it good you`ll believe that things will always somehow work out, just tax the guy behind the tree a little more. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I call a charity, a free gift given to someone else. Government taking by force is not a charity. Try to open your heart to the needy in this world. It will make you a better person.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I never said that I thought you would like Ryan. I like Ryan. Ryan is the real deal and believes what he talks about. Mitt is a liberal.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

And the laison of a diminished, broke (by your measurements), dwindling and therefore agreeably deleveraging....SEE: Romney-Ryan budget (non-)plans....super power was supposed to do just what about the results of the democratic process kicking in? After 60 years of disquised imperialistic  prattle coming out of our business and political leaders (too often one in the same)  about spreading democracy around the world?

She's done a marvelous job.  I do guess some of the Chinese don't like her for telling them the truth.  I can't bring myself to hold that against her.

It is a failure. Can't see where she did anything to help. All she did was support the supremacist now in control. Micky Mouse could do as much.

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

I can think of nothing that he has said that would make me think I'd like him at all, but then he more than anything that would be Then he's got that tumor growing out of the spot where it rubs shoulders with him.  Ryan is the worst candidate for office that high since God knows when. 

Of course he is...at least since Palin, right?  You guys saw some success going after Palin and decided to try the same thing again...the problem is you will lose this one.  Its kinda like farming, when you try to do the thing that worked really well last year, it falls on its arse. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

How long do you think medicare would last without the successful paying in. And they sure as hell wouldn't pay in with no possibility or benefits.

That being the case that affluent workers would have to pay for the aged without possibility of benefits, then why should workers be the only ones to subsidize the impoverished elderly? Why not tax investers or capital gains income to support that welfare that you deem I should support?

Why is romneys 20 million income be exempt from ss taxes?

We exempt too much income from taxes. All those tax incentive have lowered tax revenues too much. If government is going to do things they must pay for it and low wage earners or modest incomes can't do it all by itself. You have to star paying something BA. You can't keep dumping the responsibility on someone else.

You have such a contorted philosophy on fairness if you think people shoi;d pay into SS and medicare for 40 to 50 years and get nothing back.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

No you're so generous, I don't need to.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Tell me BA  what your net worth in land you enherite while collect ing  govt subsidies and handouts with out paying any thing in toward them. Do you think its awfully selfish to collect farm subsidies andf handouts  while selling  8.00 corn 17.00 beans!!!!   Tell me where is the money come from to pay for these up coming  govt paid crop ins claims....... borrow it or print it.  By god I want "my money" from a program I paid very little to nothing for..   Be proud farmers be proud      

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Old Krafti must have added up his net worth...

and figured out its above $5 million.  It looks to me like BA has been fishing with this number all along....BA, you finally caught yourself a big old Northern. 

@kraft-t wrote:

How long do you think medicare would last without the successful paying in. And they sure as hell wouldn't pay in with no possibility or benefits.

They'd pay it if that was the law. 

You have such a contorted philosophy on fairness if you think people shoi;d pay into SS and medicare for 40 to 50 years and get nothing back.

IOW>>>I WANT MINE!!