cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: This is who Dems will be running against

I remember how you hoped and prayed it would be Trump. HEE HEE HEE.

Advisor

progressives are hoping for a third party to derail Trump, and the front runners are Kasich and Romney. if you have Trump running in the general against a RINO and a progressive, the progressive math gets pretty good.

Advisor

If Kasich or some reasonable facsimile can’t find a way to the GOP Presidential nomination I’m not sure that the most fatalistic viewer can come close to envisioning the bloodbath the party will experience across the board in the 2020 general.

JMO 

Senior Contributor

I would concur.

Trump will not run ......... the reasons he will give are that he needs to get back to run his biz , the Dems and the Media treated him terribly , ad nauseam....... poor little me, blah blah blah. Trump might be dumb, but he ain't stupid. He feels the shift, he sees the polls, he will never run because he knows he will not win and he just can't abide that. Not to mention the very real legal entanglements that are coming.

Nov 2016 ...... 32 employees split 16 for Clinton , 14 for Trump , 1 third party and 1 not engaged

(lots of cat fights and verbal squabbles I had to referee around the office and shopto keep the peace).

Jan 2019 ...... 34 employees split  26 for whomever Dem , 6 for Trump , 2 not engaged (Trumpers are very quiet now).

Pence will be to sullied by his association with Trump. 

Kasich will be the great hope.

Senior Contributor

I agree. The democratic party won't be able to field a congressional baseball team when America returns Trump to office in 2020.
Advisor

you ask your employees how they vote?

Senior Contributor

La La Land I guess.

Honored Advisor

I don't have to tell Trump, but he needs to govern like it's his only term. Doing the heavy lifting on border security and fair trade policies (things career policians avoid) and just let the chips fall where they may.

Obama threw the keys to the Titantic, with half the country selfish and certifiably nuts and media against him, not to mention the dirty cop FBI...it's tough row to hoe.

Some AOC clone are odds to get elected in 2020. Our smarter dad's and granddads fill the obituary pages while selfish fools celebrate their 18th birthday. Pretty easy to see what will eventually happen.
Senior Contributor

no , never.  

Being astute and keeping your ear to the ground is a must for other reasons, obviously. Being an observer and listener (two very important pieces of managing people), it's fairly easy to pick up on the sentiments of people. Based my thoughts on the chatter and back and forth, and paying attention to the goings on. Typically the more into it ones, from either side are very vocal about who they will be voting for. Many of them ask me my preference and my answer is always that they need to decide for themselves , and that it's not important for them to know my preference. I'm a fairly hard read in person, I'm much less verbose than here.

I encourage each and everyone of them to vote. I let them leave work to go vote , I have assisted the ones that need help figuring out how to vote absentee. I want every eligible voter to vote and participate. I see that as a very good thing.

I stay very very neutral. I cannot create a hostile work environment in any way shape or form, otherwise I would be opening myself to all kinds of lawsuits.

2016 was the most rabid year I have ever seen, and it has continued. That has also made it easy to see who they support and who they do not.

Like I said , lots of reffing and refocusing on my part.