cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: The difference is

The left unfortunately loves these tragedies and wouldn`t stop them if they could.  That is how much they hate guns and the people that own guns. 

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Your "cows getting out" isn`t the best analogy, but I`ll roll with it.  Okay "My cows have never been out", my neighbor`s "cows have never been out" less than 300 (mass shooters) have actually had "cows that have been out"....So don`t lecture me or the NRA or any other responsible gunowner about their "cows being out"!   Our "cows" are safely in our pastures.    Now why don`t we focus on the few evil people that can`t keep their "cows in"?

Or better yet

One out of a million people let their cows get out so everybody who has cows has to build a government mandated 8' tall 4 guardrail fence with 4 hot wires on cattle side.

Senior Advisor

@man of steel wrote:

@BA Deere wrote:

Your "cows getting out" isn`t the best analogy, but I`ll roll with it.  Okay "My cows have never been out", my neighbor`s "cows have never been out" less than 300 (mass shooters) have actually had "cows that have been out"....So don`t lecture me or the NRA or any other responsible gunowner about their "cows being out"!   Our "cows" are safely in our pastures.    Now why don`t we focus on the few evil people that can`t keep their "cows in"?

Or better yet

One out of a million people let their cows get out so everybody who has cows has to build a government mandated 8' tall 4 guardrail fence with 4 hot wires on cattle side.

But if the problem is a deer........well.....there is no problem. They are just so dang cute.

Veteran Advisor

Fixing the fence should be obvious, saying he needs to get rid of and/or never have cows again is perhaps going too far, depending on the circumstances.  Other than the potential for gun owners to give an inch, then the government takes a foot, I've never understood why some tightening of the rules would be that damaging.  Do we really need gun shows?  Is there any reason some of the rules should be suspended for gun shows?  If people who obviously shouldn't have guns, get them anyway, even if it's from Mom or Dad, is there any liability, criminal or otherwise, for those who provided access to the guns?  The guns are not the cause of the problem, it's the people who inappropriately use them, and/or supply them to others who inappropriately use them.

Honored Advisor

Hey WCMO, if you listen to the liberal talking heads, they all admit that magazine bans, close 'gunshow loopholes", increased background checks....none of that would`ve prevented the mass shootings.  So, in other words they were pushing laws that they knew wouldn`t stop the problem and the reason they want to do that is when the new law wouldn`t stop the problem, their answer would be MORE laws that also wouldn`t stop the problem.  Liberals want gun confiscation as what happened in Australia and the way they see accomplishing that goal is not in one fatal swoop but rather 1,000 small laws chipping away at gunowner`s rights until there is nothing more.

Gun shows are like boat shows, flower shows, farm shows, car shows, people with similar interests go to learn topics of the industry and make purchases.  If you`ve never been to one, I`d suggest that you attend one, they are the safest place on earth.

Those that buy a gun for someone that can`t are what`s called "straw purchasers" and that is against the law and if a crime is committed they most certainly are liable. 

Senior Contributor

@WCMO wrote:

Do we really need gun shows?  Is there any reason some of the rules should be suspended for gun shows?

No rules are suspended for gun shows.

Veteran Advisor

BottomLine points

the current administration has failed to crack down on identified Muslim Terrorists.

Muslims tend to support one another when the target is Christians.

Jerimiah Wright, Obama's mentor, says "Don't say God Bless America....say Godd@#n America."

The shooter was on the list of 80,000 suspected terrorists.

Connect the dots, guys.

this is like living in Alice in Wonderland....the talking heads focusing on taking away guns and not directing their investigations as to the why of it all.

TIme to clean house and get the good guys back in charge.

Veteran Advisor

The one that REALLY bothers me is what happened yesterday.  An 11 year old shot his 8yr old neighbor with a shotgun because she wouldn't let him see her puppy.  Obviously, an unsecured gun with child in the house.  Why shouldn't the parents be charged as accessory to murder???