Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

This might require one of those Supreme Court quickies

like the one in 2000 that settled Bush v.Gore

If for no other reason than to save the man the time and money:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ted-cruz-is-not-eligible-to-be-president/2016/01/12/1484a7d0...

9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: This might require one of those Supreme Court quickies

Trump brings it up for selfish reasons, of course but he does have a point a "president Cruz" would be subject to alot of frivilous lawsuits from the left.  Becfore the caucusses that and Cruz`s passive hostility towards ethanol should be taken in account.

Highlighted
Advisor

Isn't his money.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You mean like the frivolous suits that the right has filed against Obama?  I would have and did say that Cruz is eligible based on the fact that his mother is a US CITIZEN except that we heard she was a registered voter in Canada.  I don't know how that affects things but since non residents here aren't allowed to legally vote maybe that means she became an Canadian citizen.

Highlighted
Advisor

That is explained in the article Brian.. You need to be born here to serve as President.

That is what the birthers were trying to pin on the Current Occupant.  Somewhere around 70% of Republicans still suspect that he was not born here, but don't have the goods to prove it.

So the wingers wanted him out based on the suspicion that he was born elsewhere but don't seem, other than Trump who probably really isn't a winger, to feel that it's a problem with Cruz, even though there is documentation of him having been born elsewhere.go figure on that double standard.

Somebody needs to decide and that could only be the Supreme Court, or Cruz himself by dropping out.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yes, if Cruz won the big dance and started repealing this and repealing that, the Democrats would become the biggest birthers on the planet...them damned fools will fight with any weapon available and the media is on their side.  So, Republicans that really want as much damned crap over the last 8 years repealed, they need to weigh the cost that a president Cruz would have in distractions.

Highlighted
Advisor

Yeah, and I think Trump's wife should be investigated for ties to the Slovenian intelligence services.

I've always said they're the ones we really need to watch.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

i`m not laughing, if Trump slips past the goalie and gets in, they`ll try it.

Highlighted
Advisor

Sorta like saying GWB went AWOL or Cheney was a draft dodger.

Oh the ends to which they will go.

Highlighted
Advisor

if he is not prevented before taking the oath he'll be fine.  But it should be noted that most of the people  who are making a point of this are Rebuplicans.  Most thinking Democrats have their fingers crossed, hoping that he gets nominated.  Would go down in the annals with Goldwater and Mondale.