cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: This one says it all.

Our proof is The Risen Christ. All you have is nuh uh. Didn't happen. Denial is easy. Truth is hard. We have eye witness, the written word and history. All you have is your belief.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Our proof is The Risen Christ. All you have is nuh uh. Didn't happen. Denial is easy. Truth is hard. We have eye witness, the written word and history. All you have is your belief.

You have no proof of anything let alone one of any fictitious god.  Denial of fact is easy but proof of what you believe is hard. You have not one physical eye witness to anything in which a god is involved. Your statement of personal knowledge of this points to delusion. 

Under the assumption mine is belief only, as you say, you are implying you have facts.  It is those facts which humanity has been requesting for 2000 years but here we have a Neville nobody stating unequivocally he has proof. You know very well you have no facts of anything and it does your credibility no good. 

You will certainly be a popular godbotherer if you produce the evidence. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

we have been through this before 3020 but you still don't seem to understand that I am making no claims only that there is no evidence of any of the gods so far.

You claim there is but only have belief and we who wait for evidence remain waiting but I do not know and so make no claim.

It would of course be quite hard to prove none of the gods exist because it is very hard to figure out exactly what you are trying to prove is not there when every believer has a different idea of what their god is and I guess that is to be expected when no one has ever seen any of the gods so far, at least in reality that can be shown to anyone else.

BTW stories in an old book are not evidence!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

We have The Risen Christ. You deny that fact and follow only your "belief".

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Other than old stories and some idols what actual PROOF or evidence is there about the guy even living let alone rising from the dead?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

We have The Risen Christ. You deny that fact and follow only your "belief".

This reminds me of the god of gaps. You are asking me to believe a human rotten with maggots walked from a cave then some angel witnessed he rose into thin air.  Can you see how people would laugh at such a thing? 

Belief is defined as a believing without evidence. The stupidity comes when you imply it is the last resort for my opinion when in fact, IN FACT, the opposite is true. The whole atheist movement is based on there being no evidence, and that also is fact. 

Your benefit would come from researching the English language and stop placing yourself for more ridicule and learn about the laws of digging. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Because if He did not no one would remember His Name. What other great accomplishments did He have that allowed Him to be the Man who divided time. He conquered no great empires. He never lead any great armies. He was merely killed for leading people too His Father. He is only remembered for an empty tomb. His followers were also slaughtered with nothing to gain. They would have deserted Him. He would have been forgotten. But no they continued to spread His message even when it meant certain death. Cruel death. Death by crucifiction. There were no cameras. There were no printing press. There was no TV news. It is easy to deny if you "just believe". But the evidence all points to His Rising from the dead. History. The written word. 2,000 years of tradition. Recorded eye witness accounts. That is my proof. That is what my belief is based on.

All you have in response is nu-uh. Didn't happen. Just as after only 75 years there are those who deny the holocaust.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I should feel sorry for you but pity is more appropriate. You’re so ignorant of the facts you’re too silly for me to continue.  Good luck with god thing.  Get back to world when you can produce the evidence. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Recorded 'eye witnesses'

Tell me more but they need to be provable eye witnesses not just stories that someone wrote years ago.

Stories are not proof of anything unless there is evidence to back them up.

Now even if there was a man named Jesus way back then, how do you know he became a god or that he rose from the dead. Evidence not just an old story.

BTW if you think diving and rising from death is the sign of a god then there are lots to choose from so how do you choose yours over all those others?

I am waiting for proof of any of them existing before committing to the wrong one that turns out to be a false god.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I gave you evidence. All you can do is say nu-uh didn't happen. Just like the holocaust deniers. There were no cameras. There were no printing press or news papers. If it didn't happen Jesus would have been forgotten 2 weeks after His death. Instead we date everything as having happen before or after His time on earth.